Chapter 7: Meeting Lola

Me and Carter hugged for what seemed to be 5 minutes, before Ms.Marshue interrupted.

"I made soup. Am I missing anything?"

Me and Carter let go of each other and just awkwardly looked around."No."

Ms.Marshue had a slight smirk on her face."Ok,then. Halo, I have  an extra guest room for you to stay  in. I've already called your father. He's glad you're okay."

"Thanks again Ms.Marshue"

" You're welcome. Now come with me so we can get you in bed. You two have school tomorrow."

Shit. I totally forgot I had to go to school with this asshole. He's gonna tell Iyanna everything and I'm gonna look like a vulnerable idiot.

" Goodnight Halo."

"Goodnight asshole."

He chuckled and walked away.

Ms.Marhue walked me to the guest room.

"So tell me. What's going on with you and my Carter?"

What was she talking about? "What are you talking about? There's nothing going on."

She looked annoyed at me. "Oh really?"

"I just feel bad for you because you have to call that asshole your nephew."

" I know. He can be an ass sometimes."

"A major ass."

"Yeah, but what guy isn't?"

We laughed together as she led me into the guest room. It was a cute, little vintage room. Lace bedding, dusty dressers, and fake flowers for decor.

" You should be good here tonight. Goodnight Halo."

"Goodnight Ms.Marshue"

The next day me and Carter walked to school together, since I didn't want anyone else to know where I was.

"You still didn't tell me why you're out there by yourself."

Shit.

"Look, I'll tell you what happened. Just not right now. Honestly, I'm not even sure myself."

"Fine."

We didn't talk for the rest of the time being. We had separate classes except for science, so we didn't see each other until lunch.

Me and Iyanna were sitting in silence when Iyanna got suspicious.

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls last night?"

"I uh, I was out."

" I called you at like 11:00 at night. What were you doing out so late?"

"I was um-"

Thankfully(and unfortunately) Carter came over to sit with us again. Really asshole? There are a billion other kids who wanna get in your pants and yet you choose us!

"Hey Iyanna, Halo. Wassup?"

"Halo hasn't answered my calls since last night." She looked at me all serious to see if she could make me talk.

"Maybe she was out."

" I called her at 11:00. What would she be doing out so late on a school night?"

" Maybe she was asleep."

" Yeah.I was. I was asleep since 10:00."

"Mmmmhmm." She still seemed suspicious, but she'd  let it go for right then.