chapter 17

--------------------Kim's p.o.v.-----------------
(I just realized you didn't know who Kim is. Kim is Sophia her little sister)

Sophia has been back for 15 or 16 days now. Mom and dad are totally surprised but I know what is wrong. It's a boy. She doesn't wanna tell me but I can see it in her eyes. She looks the same as she looked with him. In love but scared. I hope she found a good guy this time. We sit at the table and her phone keeps ringing. For over half an hour. She doesn't look at the screen, she doesn't look up she just lets it ring. "Aren't you going to pick that up?" I ask softly. She just shakes her head and continues with her puzzle. My mom says she goes shopping and when she is gone for over 5 minutes I put my phone away and look at my big sister. She looks up at me "what?" She asks annoyed.
I've tried asking her this a couple times but she doesn't wanna answer.

"You have to tell me what's going on or I will tell mom you lost your job and then you're not allowed to go back." She looks up at me "you wouldn't" she whispers. I just nod.

"Fine" she says. " So I made some friends, a couple guys and they were awesome and funny and I loved hanging out with them. I fell for 1 of the guys, a real sweetheart but I didn't wanna fall for him, we had such a good friendship. But he just, I don't know. I like the way his eyes sparkle when he is enthusiastic, or how his eyebrows knit together when he is very concentrated or serious, when he is embarrassed he gets this cute red blush and he bites his lip. He is so sweet but also so childish, he went running with me in his arms through the house and we pulled pranks on the guys together and we played in a trampoline."

I listen to her. "So what is the problem?" I ask. She shrugs "it's stupid." She whispers. I just look at her and keep quite. "Well he kissed me." She says. I start to laugh and even she chuckles a bit. "What is the problem?" I ask again.

She tells me the story about that day, the flashbacks, the mental breakdown and then in a weak state she tried to kiss him and he rejected her but kissed her goodbye later.

"Sounds to me that he didn't wanna take advantage of your weak moment and he didn't want you to think he used you but when you got mad and walked away he still wanted you to know that he really likes you." She says softly. She lets it sink in for a moment and then she stands up "toilet" she says and she walks away.

Normally I would walk after her because she will cry there but today I won't. She left her phone on the table. I take it and write down the last number that called her. I need to tell them she is okay before they do something stupid. I walk after her and comfort her. I'll call him later.

~~~~~~~2 hours later~~~~~~~~~
This is actually quite scary. I ring the phone and hear a very confused voice "hello?" He says. "Hi, I'm Kim, I don't know if you know who I am?" I say. "Hi, Kim, I don't think so, maybe you got the wrong number." He says. "No stop, wait. I'm the little sister of Sophia. Who is this?" I ask. "It's Simon but I'm also sitting with Josh and JJ" he says. "I'm just quickly calling you to tell you sophia is safe." I say "Where is she??" He asks, I can hear the fear in his voice. Is this the guy she told me about? "Are you the guy that kissed her?" I ask curious. He chuckles "No that's my best friend, he is not here, I don't know what she told you but he is a really great guy and he really likes her. He hasn't had a girlfriend in like 2 or 3 years." Simon says.

We talk for 10 minutes and then Sophia walks in "who you calling?" She asks me curious. "Hey Ben I have to go, Sophia is here, talk to you later okay?" And I hang up. Nailed it.

She made some great friends.

"Sophia, I've been thinking and I think you should man up and go back, he must be a really nice guy and you had so much fun there. Go."
She nods, "yeah I should. I'm a grown woman I can do this!" After that she starts to pack.