Chapter 14: Last Stand from the Grave

Jason's point of view

"Whoa! Shit!" I muttered as I my gaze was pulled from Tim's perspective back to the present reality.

"Tell me, does every other word you say have to be a curse word?" Raven asked, sarcastically. Raven telepathically projected Tim's memories into my mind. It was pretty dope, but at the same time it was like I just did a shit ton of acid. I was sitting next to Tim's bed in the titan's medical ward. Raven was standing net to me. So, Tim really was seeing Slade. Not only was he seeing him, but he was fighting him. That was impossible. I killed that one eyed bastard, myself.                                                                                                                                         

"Hey Raven, how is it possible that Slade is still alive and able to torture Tim like this?" I asked, looking in her direction. Her pale face and dark eyes held the expression known as fear. She seemed hesitant to answer.

"Jason, it seems that we were seconds too late when we saved Tim. I fear that the ritual Faust was preforming began the transference of Slade's sentience. In other words, a fragment of Slade's mind, his consciousness, was embedded into Tim's mind." She explained. All this magic mumbo jumbo was pissing me the fuck off. I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Ray, that's impossible." I reacted, with a hint of anger in my voice. She sighed in response to my skepticism.

"Based on what I just showed you, we can assume that Slade is not a some sort of illusion or someone using a cloaking device to fight Tim. We can also assume that Tim's sanity is still intact for now. He didn't inflict those injuries upon himself. If this stress on his mind continues, he's likely to have an aneurysm or worse. If we can't undo what's been down there will be permanent damage to his mind." She said, walking into another nearby room. This room had computers and high tech tracking and communications gear out the ass. In front of us stood a huge monitor. Raven pulled up an archive containing specific information about the particular spell Faust used on Tim and Slade. There were images of Ancient Greek symbols that I recognized from that old stone table Tim was chained to before we saved him.

"I knew that I sensed something within Tim, something very dark and very powerful. I just couldn't put my finger on it." She says with her arms crossed.

"Can't you just scan his mind or whatever, and get rid of the part of Slade that lives inside?" I asked, impulsively.

"I could, but it's more complicated than you think. If I can't isolate the fragment of Slade's consciousness, I could accidentally telepathically damage Tim's mind. Biologically, Tim shouldn't be able to survive this type of stress. This isn't a trivial game of operation. This runs much deeper than you realize." She said, her finger stabbing my chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried about Tim. If I could have protected him from Slade, this never would have happened in the first place." I confessed, taking a few steps back from her and looking to the floor.

"I'll have to do more research on the type of sorcery that was used before I can do anything. There might be another way." She said, her back to me as she stared at the symbols on the monitor.

"So,What are we supposed to do in the meantime?" I asked, trying not to distract or annoy her.

"Until I can find a way to expel Slade from Tim's mind, there is very little we can do." She said, typing into the keyboard under the giant monitor.

"How right you are." said a voice from behind us. Raven and I turned around to see the speaker. That's when it happened. Out of nowhere, a fist was hurled at Raven. The side of her head slammed into the monitor, creating a huge, shattered dent into the screen, and knocking her unconscious. It all happened so quickly that I couldn't react, especially when I laid eyes on the culprit. It was Tim. He must have woken up and gotten out of the bed, but what the hell was this about? A small trial of blood trickled from his nose. His pupils were dilated, and his complexion was much paler than usual. I looked down in awe as a knife had just been thrusted into my side, just below my ribcage. An insidious look befell Tim's face when he quickly extracted the blade.