Chapter Eleven

Vic's POV

I didn't want to be back at work, sure, breaks were always boring by the end but at least I wasn't stuck having to deal with teenagers and their constant drama.    Teenagers sucked and I can't believe I was one once. I couldn't believe I wanted to work with teenagers.  I should have worked with kids or something. Kindergarten would have been a good idea.  I couldn't handle kids though, that would be a bad idea too. I'd probably accidentally kill one. I guess teens were my best option to teach then. At least they weren't middle schoolers.

I would die if i taught middle schoolers.

"Mr. Fuentes!" One of my students, Molly, shouted. I looked up from my book and frowned, they were all supposed to be catching up on Hamlet but, they all seemed to think it was social hour and my headache was telling me not to even fight it today.

"What do you need?" I asked looking up at her.

"There's a cute guy at the door!"

I gave her a confused look, "What?" 

"A cute tall guy is standing at your door," she said slowly and I glanced over to find Austin sitting there.

I got up and went to the door where he was, "What do you need?" I asked glaring at him. Sure Alan and I weren't really talking but I still didn't like knowing what Austin did.

"I need to talk and I remember you said you worked here," he said.

"What's going on?" 

"I need to get Alan back."

"Austin, I'm at work, this can be discussed later."

"You weren't even doing anything with the class. Help me, please?"

"Later," I hissed. "Now go, you don't even deserve Alan after what you said."

"I didn't mean anything I said. I was just angry."

"That doesn't excuse it!"

"I didn't mean it!"

"That doesn't take the hurt away," I told him with a groan.

"You gotta help me, please Vic."

"I'm not helping you, now I have a class to get back to, Austin. You really need to leave."

He groaned, "Why won't you help me?"

"Because, you're a grown man Austin, you fu-screwed up and now you have to take responsibility for your actions."

"I know, but I didn't mean anything I said."

"Then why would you say it?"

"Cause I was angry."

"That doesn't warrant saying cruel things, Austin."

"I know that!"

"So you have to figure out how to fix it. And if you didn't realize, I'm not exactly in Alan's good graces at the moment either."

"I'll help you."

"No, I don't need your help Austin."

"Can you just help me!"

"No."

"Please."

"No. Now go," I said again.

He groaned before he left. 

"Who was that?" Molly asked as I walked back into the room.

"Don't worry about it." I said to her.