Chapter Fourteen

Kellin's POV

To say I was exhausted was an understatement, I was ready for a long nap and a casual dinner with my boyfriend. But, was that what I was going to get? Apparently not since Vic had to talk to me as soon as possible and I probably wouldn't get that nap any time soon. There was something about therapy that was just draining at times. 

Maybe lunch would help me gain some energy back. I felt half dead, there was something about hearing so many people's problems that got exhausting every so often.  Luckily I only had a few people left then I  could go home. And thankfully one of them was Alan and he wasn't nearly as depressing as some of them.  Which would be nice to have a little change sometimes.

"Kellin, you're brooding," Justin told me as I stabbed at my salad.

"What?" I said looking up at him.

"You're brooding, what's wrong?"

"It's been a long day."

"I see," he said dryly. "Well, maybe you should cancel the rest of your appointments and get home."

"I just have two more, then I'm all done for the day."

"You really do need to considering taking a break soon," Justin said.

"I'll get there."

"Kellin."

"What?"

"You are going to wear yourself thin."

"I'm not."

"Sure," he said not convinced. "How's your salad," he said, changing the subject.

"It's decent. How's your sandwich?"

"Good," he said with a smile.

"That's good."

He nodded. "So, Mike said Vic's been acting weird for the past few days, do you know what's going on?"

"Beats me, we haven't seen each other in a week, I don't know what he's doing."

"Weird."

I shrugged. "He's been telling me he's really busy with something."

"Why won't he tell you?"

"I don't know," I said. "But whatever it is,it's important and that's important."

"Well hopefully he tells you soon."

"He will."

"Hopefully."

"Justin, I know my boyfriend. He will tell me when he's ready."

"Okay, okay."

I gave him a sour look and finished my salad before we parted ways and I went to meet up with Alan for our appointment.  I could get past a few more appointments then I was ready to see Vic. Then hopefully I'd be in bed.

I got myself together a little before going and grabbing Alan from the waiting room.

"Hey Alan," I said, sitting in my seat. I figured we didn't really have to keep it as professional between us considering everything.

"Hey Kells."

"How are your arms?" I asked him, concerned.

"Fine, they look a little better."

"That's good. So,how is everything going?"

"Decent, Vic quit his job and, and, and is getting money from his parents so I don't have to pay all the rent alone even though I've been basically buying everything for us right now."