Chapter Sixteen (Final)

Kellin's POV

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. I was dreading this dinner with the Fuentes family, what if they hated me?  And the Vic would break up with me and that would be the end of it. Damn his daddy and mommy issues. He was going to be here any minute now to help me get ready for tonight.  I needed all the help I could get. I had no clue what to even say to his parents. Why did they even want to meet me?  I just wanted them to like me.  What if they didn't approve of me?  This could all go bad easily and I could only hope it didn't. 

"Kellin!" Vic shouted, walking into the apartment and I popped my head out of my messy bedroom.

"Yes?"

"We're here."

"You can come in but I'm in just my underwear and my room's a mess an- we?" I asked.

"Yeah, Alan's coming with us." He said coming towards me alone.

"Oh, well it probably wouldn't be the best idea to have one of my patients see me in my underwear."

"I'll wait here," Alan shouted.

"Good."

"Why haven't you picked anything out yet?" Vic asked taking a seat on my bed.

"I don't know what to wear!"

He sighed, "Really? It's not that hard just look nice."

"It is though! I need to make a good first impression!"

"How's this?" 

I looked at the button up and slacks. "Would that work?"

"Yes."

"Okay," I said with a sigh. "Dress me."

"What? No."

"Do it if you love me," I said in a whiny voice and fell onto my bed.

"Oh shut up."

I let out a scream. "Vic I'm so stressed!"

"There is nothing to be stressed about."

"They're going to hate me," I pouted.

"They won't. You got your life pretty put together for your age and my parents will love that." 

"Okay," I said with a sigh and got up and got ready. All too soon we were ready to go and Vic was driving us to the restaurant, he and Alan prepping me the entire time.

There was a lot that I seemed to need to know for everything to go just fine.

"My dad can seem like an asshole-"

"But he's not, once you get on his good side he's awesome," Alan said.

"He is an asshole, but if you get on his good side like Alan then he likes you."

'What about you?" I asked. "Is he a good guy to you?"

"Well yeah, I'm his son but he's harder on me than Mike and everyone."

"Why?"

"Because he has hope for me. I mean you've met Mike there isn't much more work you can put into that."

"You act like he's a lost cause," Alan said. "He's not completely a lost cause."

"I'd agree to disagree."

"Mike could do, do, do a lot for himself."

"I think he could," I said. "He's just lazy."

"I know he is, but he could do a lot."