Acting Their Age

Natsu sighed as he once again laid his head on Erza's lap. They just got done handing over the "hooded bastard" as Natsu was now calling him to the rune knights and were now on a train back to Magnolia. They sat in silence recovering from their fights ignoring the looks they were getting because of their torn costumes.

"Natsu, I think it's time we talked." Erza said breaking the silence.

"What do you want me to say Erza? I know your pissed at me for using "his" magic. Believe me when I say I hate it just as much as you do. But I had no choice. If I didn't use it you would have died and I couldn't let that happen." Natsu looked up at her with a stern face. "You would've done the same thing."

'He's obviously been preparing for this discussion.' Erza said inwardly. "Your right I am pissed at you for using "his" magic." Natsu cringed at her harsh tone. "But your also right in saying I would've done the same to save you." Erza tone softened.

After a few minutes of silence Natsu spoke up. "Now it's your turn."

"My turn?" Erza raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah. You were kinda in my head for a minute there. You wanna tell me how you did that?" Natsu said referring to when Erza interrupted his mental argument with his other self.

"I'm not sure. It just happened."

"You think it had something to do with our magics being connected?"

"Most likely. But I don't feel the same mental connection at the moment. So it could've happened because of the situation."

"Oh."

They both sat in silence until Erza noticed a look on Natsu's face she didn't see often. Fear. "Are you scared, Natsu?"

"Scared? Why would I be scared?"

"You know why."

"(sigh) I guess a little. He just sounded so confident. Like there's no stopping him from taking over my body. Like it was just a matter of time." Erza would be lying if she said she wasn't worried to. But she needed to be the strong one. That's why they're perfect for each other. They didn't need to be strong all the time. They could let the other be strong enough for the both of them.

"You can't let him get to you. You need to keep body strong and you mind stronger. He can't take over your body if you keep him out of your head. Always believe in your own strength. Once you start doubting yourself that's when you lose. Understand?"

"I think so. Your really smart you know that?" Natsu gave his trade mark smile causing Erza to chuckle.

(yawn)

"Tired?" Erza smiled down at Natsu.

"Yeah." Natsu rubbed his tired eyes.

"Once we tell master what happened we can go straight home."

"Happy said he's staying over at Lucy's tonight." Natsu said with a smile since It's been over a week since she stayed over at his place.

"He is, is he." Erza said with a smirk on her face.
_______________________________________
"Ugh." the couple of Natsu and Erza groaned as they both flopped on the bed. They just got home after being scolded by Makarov for recklessly running headfirst into danger and they were exhausted.

"Good night." they both mumbled into their pillows before they drifted off to sleep. Whatever they had in mind to happen tonight was out the window.
______________________________________
3 days later

It was a rather calm and relaxed day for Fairy Tail. The Halloween incident was just like one of the many incidents that Fairy Tail went through and come out on top of. And just like all the other incidents it eventually became a thing of the past and they all moved on with their lives.