Battle at the Sea part 2 (2/3)

"Finally! I'm done!" Natsu sighed as he flopped backwards onto the sand on the beach. 'I've been taught fire magic that could kill a dragon and I've used it for cooking, drying clothes, fireworks, and now welding. I wonder how Igneel would react if he saw this?' Natsu thought as he looked at his handiwork. He spent the last two days using large pieces of metal from various places on the ship to fix or enforce its hull. While he did that Erza relaxed on the beach and Hisako played. Yup. Natsu got manual labor and they got vacation. Of course when, Natsu complained about this, Erza offered to make it up to him when they got home. And going by her seductive tone he knew what she meant.

"Good work Natsu." Erza sat down beside him.

"Thanks." Natsu flashed his trademark smile as he sat up. "So what now?"

"We'll set sail in a few hours and hope it went away. And if it attacks again we'll have to keep it away from the ship while we fight it. We'll also have to keep an eye out for the wizard controlling it. I doubt whoever it is will be to far away."

"So when do we leave?"

"Tomorrow. You can use the rest of the day to rest. We're both going to need it." Erza stated.

"Sounds good to me." Natsu laid back down and almost instantly fell asleep. Erza just looked down at him with a warm smile on her face.

"Goofball." Erza muttered as Natsu began challenging Gray to a fight in his sleep. She then leaned forward, dodged a sleeping punch, and gave him a kiss on his forehead. 'Tomorrow is going to be one hell of a fight.'Erza muttered inwardly, as she watched Hisako play in the water. 'But we can't afford to lose.'
____________________________________
"You ready?" Erza asked as she walked up beside Natsu, who was standing at the front of the ship and staring at the horizon.

"Hell yeah." Natsu replied as the ship started moving. They used the water and wind wizard to move the ship, it wasn't very fast, but it got the job done. Of course while the did that, the rest of the passengers, including Hisako were once again hiding in the ship.

The trip was uneventful for about thirty minutes, then storm clouds began to cover the sky and the water became more violent.

"Wait here." Erza ordered, as she left to go get something. She returned a few minutes later with multiple pieces of metal stacked together.

"What are those for?"

"It'll put the ship in danger if you fight on it again, so you'll use these as 'stepping stones' to fight on the water." Erza explained.

"Ok." Natsu shrugged. "As long as I get to fight, I'm good."

As Natsu and Erza waited, they both knew The Kraken was getting closer, as the sky became darker and the waters became more wild. And then it appeared, all of it this time. No longer it hid in the water, it brought it's whole body to the surface. Maybe it was a sign of respect or maybe it was trying to intimidate the two, either way it didn't matter.

The two parties just stared at each other as if they were daring the other to make the first move. Which Erza did by throwing the pieces of metal in the water. "Let's go." Erza said, as she requipped into her Flame Empress Armor and took flight. Natsu followed suit, by jumping onto one of the pieces of metal.

The stare off continued for a few more seconds, until both Natsu and Erza quickly went on the assault.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" Natsu shouted.

"Empresses Hell Shot!" Erza stuck out her sword and launched a huge fireball. Both attacks hit simultaneously creating a cloud of smoke. They both waited for the smoke to clear, so they could see how much damage they did, but were forced to dodge as six tentacles, three from each side, swung at them horizontally. Natsu jumped up and reached out his hand, which was grabbed by Erza, who flew up quickly avoiding the tentacles. Erza then flipped in the air and used the momentum to throw Natsu at The Kraken.