A Fairy Hunter's New Beginning

Awkward.

That was easily the word that described the atmosphere between Natsu and Knightwalker. Erza had stepped out to get groceries and had taken Hisako with her. It had been a week since Erza had her talk with Knightwalker and things were progressing rather well between the two.

Slowly.

But well.

Unfortunately, the same couldn't be the said for Natsu and Knightwalker. So, Erza decided to give them some alone time. She knew Natsu could only hold out for so long until he decided to tackle the issue head on, which she thought it was time for such an approach.

So the two sat in the living room, neither saying a word. After a few minutes of growing tension and awkwardness, Natsu decided to unknowingly go along with Erza's plan.

"Ahhhhh! I can't take this anymore!" Natsu shouted as he pulled his hair. "I'm Natsu Dragneel! I don't do awkward!"

"Hey! It's not like I'm enjoying the situation either!" Knightwalker quickly snapped back. "It's just. . . .every time I look at you I get all these mixed feelings." Knightwalker admitted. "I know you're not him but you're so similar, and not just in looks."

"Really?" Natsu questioned. "I met him once and he seemed a lot like the opposite of me."

"He changed a lot after he met you. In fact I think you were his hero." Knightwalker commented with a sad chuckle. "But you're right. Even with his changes you're still a lot more rougher and childish then he was."

"Jeez. Thanks." Natsu sarcastically replied.

"The point is, you're similar to him in many ways, and I can't stop myself from linking you two together." Knightwalker sighed.

She really wanted to get past this. Knightwalker already accepted the fact that she would be staying with them, most likely for a very long time, and for that to happen she and Natsu had to get past the awkwardness.

But how?

.

.

.

"Wanna fight?" Natsu asked. "Whenever I need to clear my mind a good fight always helps."

"Doubt it would take a lot of clearing in the first place."

"Hey!" Natsu shouted in defense of his intelligence.

"I speak my mind. Deal with it." Knightwalker shrugged. "Besides aren't you the same way?"

"..."

He was the same way!

Damn.

That meant he couldn't get mad at her for telling it like it is.

Damn.

"Still, cheap shot." Natsu pouted.

"Fair enough." Knightwalker conceded.

"So. . .fight?" Natsu re-questioned.

". . . .No magic?" Knightwalker still feared of falling to the allure of power, but she figured a fight without her spear should be fine.

". . .Deal." Natsu answered after a few seconds of thought.

'Damn, she's tough.' Natsu thought as he ducked under a straight punch that hit the tree behind him.

'The magic in my body must have raised my physical capabilities automatically.' Knightwalker observed as she watched the tree she hit, crack, and break in half.