New Addition to the Family

"What the hell do we do?" Natsu asked, as they looked at the sleeping little girl.

"I don't know? Why are you asking me?" Erza looked just as confused as Natsu.

"Because you're Erza. You always know what to do." Natsu stated.

"I've never found a child in my bed before, so forgive me if I'm a little short on answers." Erza defended.

"Sorry. It's just..." Natsu pointed his hands at the sleeping girl.

"I know." Erza sighed.

"Let's wake her up." Natsu suggested after a few minutes of silently watching the girl.

"Don't scare her." Erza warned.

"Yeah. Yeah." Natsu walked towards the side of the bed. "Hey. Little girl wake up." Natsu gently shook the girl. It took a few seconds of shaking, but eventually the little girl woke up. Her eyes widened with fear and she pushed herself against the headboard of the bed.

"Don't be scared. We're not gonna hurt you." Natsu quickly said. "It's us remember from the other day." Natsu stood back and let her get a better look at them.

The little girl warily eyed them then nodded, showing them that she did remember the two. Natsu stood there wondering what to say next, not wanting to scare the girl. Erza seemed to catch on to his nervousness, so she decided to talk.

"Hello. I'm Erza and he's Natsu." Erza smiled at the girl as she sat on the side of the bed.

"I-I'm H-Hisako." she squeaked out.

'Enduring child.' the meaning of her name instantly came to Erza's mind. "That's a pretty name." Erza smiled. "Do you wanna tell us why you're here Hisako?"

Hisako didn't answer her question, she just looked down at the bed trying not to cry. Erza looked at Natsu who just shrugged, as if saying "If you're looking for help? You're looking in the wrong place."

Erza sighed and tried again with the girl.

"Where are your parents? They must be worried about you?" Hisako's eyes started to water when she heard Erza speak about parents.

"N-no." Hisako slowly shook her head.

"What do you mean no?" Erza questioned.

"I have no parents." she squeaked out again.

"Oh I'm sorry." Erza apologized. "Well then who's taking care of you?"

"No one." she answered softly, while not taking her eyes off the bed.

"What?" Natsu yelled, frightening Hisako.

"You scared her idiot!" Erza smacked him on the side of the head.

"Sorry." Natsu mumbled, as he rubbed him head. "If no one's taking care of you where do you stay?" Natsu asked calmly.

"Anywhere." she continued to answer in a timid tone.

"Anywhere?" Natsu gave a confused look. "You don't mean the streets do you?"

Hisako weakly nodded her head in response, causing Natsu and Erza's eyes widen in shock. Now that they got a better look at her, she had the appearance of a homeless person. Her black hair was long and unruly. She wore a dress that looked a lot like the one Erza wore when she was living in the Tower of Heaven, dirty and torn. Her snow white skin was covered with dirt, cuts, and bruises. It really was a sad sight to see.

"They hate me." she murmured.

"Who?" Erza put a hand on Hisako's.

"Everyone." she sniffed. "They call me a witch and monster. They say I'm better off dead." she looked up at Erza, with tears threatening to flow freely down her cheeks.