Chapter 4

{Your P.O.V}

As we stand in the line I look at Gene. I look at his hair. His hair looks really fluffy, like really fluffy. I kinda just want to.. Nope stop, (Y/N)! You barely know Gene and I already Kinda like him. Ugh Just get your taco and go back to work. That's exactly what I did.

I ordered a (F/I)[Food item(?)] then left with Gene back to the Cafe. I can't get caught up in feelings again. It didn't work last time, not going to work again. 

Gene and I talk on the way back. Even though I didn't want to catch feeling for him, I still would like to talk to him. We probably will only end up as Friends. Which is good enough for me. 

"What High School did you go to?" I asked. Gene's eyes darkened. "Um, Phoenix Drop High. Wasn't the best of years." he sighed. But my eyes lit up. "I went there for my last year! We moved and it was the closest school." I watched as the color drained from Gene's face. 

"How old are you?" Gene asked. "Huh? 22, why?" I asked in confusion. He continued walking until he answered. "It's, uh, nothing. I think you were in the same grade as Aphmau Though." He smiled. I stared at him, something obviously wrong. I laughed a little though. 

We make it to the cafe and I go back to work. Garroth wanted me to throw away boxes and Bags of trash. I smiled and did as so, wanting to help as much as I could.  I tried to be carefully with the box but I felt like it was going to fall. 

That exactly what happened. I ended up failing while trying to throw a big box of glass in the big trash in the back. Behind the cafe, where no one was. Glass was scattered everywhere. 

Like any normal person, I yelled out in pain. Not loud enough for anyone inside to hear though. 

Of course I get a bunch of cuts. Mostly on my arms but a few scratches made it to my face. I watched as tiny puddles of blood appeared on my arm. I quickly covered them, not wanting to see them. The cuts my have been tiny but they hurt, badly. I groan, trying to get up. But my knees felt like jelly. 

I was starting to get lightheaded, My hand soon became a bit bloody from the gashes on my arms. I kept trying to get up and get help. But my legs could not support me, they were shaky. Soon I was able to get to the back down. I put most of my weight on the door before turning the handle. Once I did, my weight switched to leaning on the door, to leaning on the hand grabbing the door handle. 

My face was down so I didn't see anything. Once I looked up I could see everyone's faces. Some seem worried, others seem scared. But one thing they all shared, was the shock. Most stood there before running to me. 

Before they did, my hand slipped. I fell to the floor, and on my arms too. I groaned and I could hear people yelling. 

"Aphmau, Get the first aid kit!" I heard Aaron yell. I could feel someone grabbing me. My eyes were shut, I tried my best to stay awake. "Garroth, Laurance! See if there is anything in the kitchen we can use." I block out the voices. 

"Gene put her right here. I think we can handle this. Looks like a few cuts." Aaron says. My eyes open as I see Gene put me down and steps back. I hissed as Aaron started to clean the still bleeding cut. Gene's eyes, they were clouded. He looked scared as he watched Aaron patch me up. 

I looked at the ceiling, trying to relax. Everything hurt, my arms, my face, my legs. I couldn't stand it. I just wanted to help, and not get hurt in the process. "Aw!" I yelled. Looked back to see the Garroth and Laurance came back, with a bottle of disinfectant. Aaron had grabbed a rag and put some on it. Then tapped it on my wounds. 

Gene quickly stepped up and sat at the bottom of the bench I was laying on. "Hey, it's alright." he said softly while pushing my hair back. I bit my lip as Aaron did the rest of them.  I closed my eyes. 

"Okay, the worst part is done. Sorry I didn't warn you." Aaron apologized. I laughed quietly, "It's fine." Aaron slowly put the bandages on, not wanting to mess up or hurt me. Once he was done, he got up and left to see how everyone was doing. Mainly Aphmau. Gene was the only one in the backroom with me. 

"You alright?" Gene asked, picking up my head and putting it on his lap. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I sighed. I hummed a for a little while, before drifting off to sleep in Gene's Lap.    

~{Timeskip}~

I wake up on the same bench you fell asleep on. Gene was long gone and your arms ached. I stood up from laying down. The lights were off, and from out the window I could tell It was nighttime. 'How long was I out?' I asked myself. I walked to the door leading into the main cafe. The only one's there were Aphmau, Aaron and Gene. 

Gene right away looked when he heard the door shut. "(Y/N)! You're awake!" He said while getting up from the table. "Um, Heh, yeah." I said while looking down. 

"Is the bandage still alright?" Aaron asked. I started to make my way to the table they were siting at. "Still together, so yeah." I informed. I sat down in the chair next to Gene. 

"So, (Y/N). I know we talked during the interview, but..." Aphmau trailed. "What's your backstory?" She said excitedly. "Huh? Backstory..?" I asked in confusion. "What happen when you were younger, any dramatic events?" Aphmau tried to explain. 

"Nothing very eventful happened to me. I just wanted to be by myself." I said. Aphmau pouts a bit, "What about your lovelife?" I blush a bit, "Ah, um, Nothing right now. Just a very bad breakup back then. But I'm not sure about that." I frowned. 'Very bad breakup is one way to say it.' I thought. 

"Well, you seem like a very nice girl (Y/N). I bet someone will be interested in you. But besides that, Aph I think it's time to go." Aaron says getting up. "Oh, Okay. Bye, (Y/N), Gene." Aphmau waves. But before she went out the door she yelled, "We should hang out sometime (Y/N)!" She smile and closed the door. 

I looked at Gene, "You're very quiet. Something wrong?" He looked up at me. "Uhm, no it's fine." he responded. 

"Hey, Why did you ask me about my High school earlier?" I asked. He seemed uncomfortable at the mention of that. "I, uh, wanted to know if I remembered you from my high school." he replied. "But you graduated with Aphmau. That means I graduated before you. That mean that you didn't meet me, the old me." He said quietly. I raised an eyebrow, "The old you?"

He looked at me, he's eyes were clouded with disappointment. "The old me was terrible, he was rude and harsh. He was pure evil. I'm glad I was able to fix all of that. Never will I go back to my old ways." He harshly said about himself. 

I frowned, "Maybe if you had someone who cared about you. They could've changed you earlier."  I looked him in the eye. He smiled, "Yeah, I guess so." 

"Right, We should probably lock up. I'm pretty tired after today. Kinda hungry too." I sighed, getting up. Gene follows me, making sure he had all his stuff. I did the same. I pull out the keys to my car and my phone. Gene looks at the device. 

"Hey, are you going to be alright?" He asked. "Hm, yeah. I should be. Doesn't hurt that bad." I replied. He held out his hand, I looked at him. "Let me see your phone, I want to give you my number." I passed it over to him. I looked to the side and grabbed the keys to lock up the cafe. 

"Here, call me or text me if anything happens." He explained. "But you could call me for anything really." He winks. I giggle, "Okay sure. Here you lock up. I'm trying to get some sleep in the morning." He groans, knowing that he'll have to come earlier in the morning to open up the cafe. I giggle some more, "See later, Gene." I wave as I unlock my car. 

Even if Gene has a bad past. I think he's a great guy. I can't wait to learn more about him..

(I like writhing this and if you like reading this then please show your support! Give some advice! I can't really tell if this is boring or not. So comment and Vote!)

MariahReading out~

(1529 words)