Chapter 14: The Resolution

(Your P.O.V.)

Gene and I get on the bus again, instead of going home to his friends, he decided to come over to my apartment. We talked about different things but the only conversation that matter was about his past and (B/F/N). 

"So, how do you plan to tell (B/F/N) about all this?" Gene asked. I laid my head on his shoulder. 

"She's just going to have to accept it. I know that you two didn't get along in the past or something. But it's in the past and you've changed, right?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, guess you're right. I'm not going to lose you because of her.." He wrapped an arm around me.

"You won't." 

~ ~ ~

I get off the bus with a hop, almost falling but catching my balance. Gene snicked at me and got off like a normal person.

"Don't hurt yourself." He smiled. 

"Ha! Me? Get hurt? Never~" I smiled back at him. "Come on it's this way." I pointed out the apartments to the right. Each building was a good ways away from eachother and had lots of greenery. In front of my apartment there was a pretty rose bush that I might have fell into a one point. 

I shiver as I remember all the thorns poking at my skin. 

"You okay?" Gene asked wrapping an arm around my waist. I jump and bring myself back to reality. 

"Yeah! I should probably get my key out." I mumble to myself. I reach in my pocket and grab the silver key. I pulled it out and the lanyard came out with it. The print on it was one of my favorite shows.

"Nerd." Gene says looking at it.

"Shut up." I pout and we are soon walking up the stairs to my apartment. 

"SON OF A BI-" I hear someone inside curse out. I frown and push the door open. 

I looked down to see (B/F/N) on the ground trying to open a box. I raised an eyebrow, it seemed like she she couldn't get it open. 

"Oh! (Y/N)! Look my bed frame just came in the mail. It was a mission to get it up.. here.." her eyes went from me to Gene, "What the hell? Why are you here?" She got up. 

"I invited him over. Just doing what people do, hanging out, in my room, away from you." I started to get nervous and just grabbed Gene's wrist and dragged him to my room. 

"See you later (B/F/N)," Gene winked at her as we rushed by. I yanked his arm and he came forward harshly.

"Hey!" Gene shouted as we stopped in front of my bedroom door. 

"Sorry but don't wink at her." I groaned and opened my door. My room looked decent, I've been able to get myself together with the help of Travis.  But I bent down and grabbed a few more papers that fell off my bed and put them on my desk.

"Welcome back to my room. You seemed to enjoy your stay last time." I hear Gene close the door behind him as I cleaned up my desk a bit more.

"Yeah, did you get a new bed or something? There wasn't a desk here last time." He scanned the room and sat on the bed. I looked over my shoulder to look at him. 

"You did a lot in here over the time we stopped talking," He sounded surprised. 

I turn to him, leaning onto the desk, "I've been saving up for the new bed and the desk I found online for a cheap price."

"(B/F/N) wasn't living here last time I came." He looked to the close door.

"I needed help with rent."