Acceptance of Forgotten Pain

•L/N: Last Name

——————————————————
___________________________________
Your POV:
___________________________________

——————————————————___________________________________Your POV:___________________________________

___________________________________

     I stand there, waiting for Ciel to leave us, watching as his back blended with the shadows and disappeared further down the hall. Wearing a look of sympathy, I turn towards Edward, speaking softly to him as not to let my voice echo too loudly.

     "I should warn you, your majesty; you aren't going to like what he's about to do."

     "What do you you mean by that?" he questions, sounding faintly worried, though he hid it well with his monotone speech.

     "Ciel might just be a kid, but he can be cruel and harsh with his methods. As much as I don't care for what he's planning, I know it works. You will get that skull, but all you'll gain is more pain. Sometimes, however, you need that pain to truly be set free." Edward looked at me, stunned, with pale lips parted just slightly.

     "Such wise words. You know, I do believe you might be one of the strangest women I've ever met. I can't quite put my finger on it." At that, I gave a small laugh and smiled at him.

     "It's just how I am, I guess, but please, keep my words in mind."

     "I will. Thank you. So, what is it exactly that Phantomhive has planned?"

     "It won't be long before you see for yourself, your majesty." He seemed more anxious from my ominous words as we follow after the Earl to another room in the castle, where Sebastian set up the gruesome chess board of skulls before retrieving young Richard.

     "No, stop it! Please, just put me down, Sebastian!" The little boy cried as he was carried in under the arm of the butler, squirming and kicking desperately before being grabbed by the scruff of his clothes and held out towards us like a helpless kitten.

     "Terribly sorry, your highness." It was an empty apology. Sebastian could care less. Edward stared on with wide eyes, disturbed by the rough treatment of his brother as Ciel watched from a blue, padded chair beside him, unfazed. If anything, he looked amused.

     "How sad. I was so looking forward to a fight between a demon and a ghost. What a pity.

     "You're mean, you know that?" My brow twitched as I gave the boy a scolding glance, my arms crossed over my chest. I stood beside the Earl on his left, while Edward was posted to his right. My comment only receives an uncaring shrug of acknowledgment, leading me to shake my head as Richard continued shouting.

     "Let me go, Sebastian! Brother! Brother, help!"

     "I'm sorry! Come now, don't you think you could be a little bit more gentle?" Edward begs, facing the Earl.