Welcome to the Freak Show

Your POV:
A Week Later

A soft hum escapes my lips as I scratch beneath my chin in thought. Currently, I stand in the basement of my manor. Why? Because I wanted to put something down here. I'm torn between a game room and a pool. Both would be pretty neat. It's very spacious, so I can do a lot with it. I, however, end up lost in thought.

'I have a lot of rooms in this place, so I also have to think about what I'm going to put in those as well.' My thoughts of ideas are cut short by the sound of heavy steps descending the stairs. I turn towards the doorway, where Drossel makes an appearance from the shadows. His joints make little creaking noises as he moves. I greet the doll with a welcoming smile on my lips.

"Hey, Drossel. You need something?" I ask curiously, for he rarely seeks me out without reason. He nods his head, another click resonating from the joint in his neck.

"Two men in white have dropped by. They told me to give this to you, my lady," he informs in his usual, flat voice as he holds out a letter for me to take. I quirk a brow upon seeing the familiar sight of the Queen's seal.

"Thank you," I say as I take it from his gloved fingers. I form a letter opener out of a candy wrapper I had buried in my pocket from earlier. I break the seal and open the letter before reading the words silently in my head.

'Dear Y/N, my Teddy Bear,

I hope you've been well. There's something I must ask of you. I have a new task that I'd like you to take care of, however, it is not a performance. I'm sure you'll be capable enough to handle it, though, which is why I've decided to assign this case to you. There is a freak show going country to country. In the places they've visited, there have been reports of men, women, and children disappearing. We have reason to believe they may be tied to these incidents.'