Transforming

Your POV:

I sat in a tree while I thought of my next moves.

'I can't let them know I'm alive yet. Drossel might tell Ash, and that just won't do.' I groan in frustration as I ruffle my hair to relieve the tension. I wanted to tell them I was alright so badly, but I couldn't afford Ash knowing I was alive just yet.

"Ah, I know!"

Author's POV:

There was a knock on the former Mandalay Manor's door. Arthur opens the door solemnly, curiously meeting the gaze of the person on the other side. He was still tired from crying at the loss of his first master and friend. In front of him stood Ash with a smile on his face.

"Mister Landers, welcome back." He bows in respect.

"Good evening, Arthur. Where is Drossel? Can you fetch him for me?"

"Of course, sir. Would you please follow me to the drawing room?"

Ash nods and follows Arthur into the drawing room.

"I'll return shortly, sir." Arthur bows again. Ash waves him off as he took a seat on a chair. With that, Arthur left to get Drossel. A few minutes later, Drossel and Arthur return to the drawing room.

"You may leave now, Arthur," Ash says. Arthur bows once more before leaving the room again.

"So then I thought to myself, why is my master here?" Drossel tilts his head out of genuine confusion. Ash smirks slyly.

"You and the others here have been too upset over this little thing with the girl. So, I figured I'd be nice and give you these." Ash takes out three tickets to Paris from his pocket before handing them to the living doll. "I would like you to take them to The World Fair, so you can finally get over the death of her."

"So then I thought to myself, why is master being so kind? He seemed just as upset about my lady as we were."

"I need you to leave the country for now. I'll come retrieve you all when you may return here." Ash hands him a card with information on it. "This is the information, so you can stay in the hotel. You may use whatever money is lying around here. Y/N surely won't be using it." He smirks. Drossel nods sadly, for even he hasn't gotten over your death.

"I will take my leave now. Farewell." Ash stood up before leaving the manor. Once far enough away, he smirks to himself as his body glitches.

Your POV:

'Well, it worked! It's a good thing I got out of there, though.'

Flashback:

Lloyd was teaching me about some of my limits. This time was about changing forms.

"When your body changes, you will have a time limit before your body forcefully changes back to your real form. The time limit will extend each time you practice using it, but it stops after twenty-four hours. Depending on how big a change you've made, the limit will differ. For example: a panther." Lloyd shifts his form into a black panther and nudges his head against my legs.