A Depressing Game of Old Maid

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Your POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

'Man, I'm starved.' Thankfully, it shouldn't be too much longer before food is brought out. In the meantime, I wait at the table with Ciel, Lau and Prince Soma when I remember the letter I had gotten from the Queen. Yeah, I probably shouldn't put that off, should I? Slipping it out of my pocket, I start opening it up. I did eventually have to change into some "decent" clothes after Ciel threatened me with ordering Sebastian to dress me properly. I wasn't about to let that happen, so I didn't put up much of a fight. Catching sight of the seal, the boy turns his head towards me and asks,

"What is that?"

"Business stuff," I answer vaguely, not entitled to share any part of the contents of the letter. He huffs silently to himself, but pries no further.

'Dear Teddy Bear,'

I break from reading to cringe, having forgotten about that nickname she gave me. How embarrassing. Apparently, my emotions were quite clear on my face because I gained the attention of the whole table for a moment before they returned to whatever smalltalk they were having.

'In the coming week, there will be a curry competition held at the Crystal Palace in London. I plan on attending this event, as I am a lover of curry. Let us hope my health with be top shape for me to make such an appearance. With that said, I have a new assignment for you, a performance before the competition begins. I'm sure with your talent you will put on a good show for me. I will be looking forward to it.

Sincerely,

VRI.'

Humming, I crack a smile before stashing the paper back into my clothes. Just then, our meals were brought through the door, filling the air with a highly delicious scent that got me excited. After placing the dishes in front of us, Sebastian fills up our glasses with white wine and, next to it, water. I never tried alcohol. It never appealed to me, really, so even though I was tempted to give it a sip, I opt for the water instead.

"So, how long do you intend to stay here?" Ciel questions, still a bit annoyed that the two uninvited guests were still present in his home. Unfazed, Prince Soma answers him.

"We will leave when our business is done."

"That's right. You said you are searching for someone," Lau recalls, irking Ciel more with his own presence.