Crystal Palace Performance

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Your POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

At last, the day of the Curry Festival had arrived, and it was time to prepare for the performance. It took a few sleepless nights, but with the help of my friends, I was able to put together something I hope will impress the Queen and the rest of the audience. I want to see jaws dropping when they see me. What fun would it be, otherwise? No better way to drum up business than to be out-of-the-ordinary and eccentric. I commend Drossel for putting together the most perfect outfit for the show. He definitely put a lot of hard work in making it to my specifications, though it wasn't much like anything he's made before. Still, he added his own little touches that I did adore. At the vanity, he tends to my hair, pinning it up and styling it how I asked him to. I often found myself asking him to do my hair for me over the course of the week. He's really quite good. Before him, I would mostly leave it alone, but he always tried different things with it, even adding accessories, such as jeweled pins and clips, feathers and ribbons. It was always fun seeing what he came up with.

The base of my outfit is plain, as not to distract from the more extravagant pieces, a black turtleneck that would be warm enough for the weather and tight-fit, black pants tucked into tall, heeled boots of the same color. The shoes, at the top, are fitted with pinstripe bows at the sides, matching the true masterpiece of the costume, the coat. As mentioned, it's black with white pinstripes and cinched at the waist by a thick belt. The sleeves are fake, allowing free range of my arms, and the back, contrary to the front, which ends at my hips, extends to my heels, ruffling like a cape behind me with black, lace ends.

Shiny pins are placed over my chest, attached by thin chains, by Drossel before he clips a small hat in my hair, careful not to disturb the hairdo, positioning it at a slight tilt. The hat is basically a short top hat, decorated in black lace and feathers, along with pins similar to those that were placed on my coat. Once I was dressed, the doll reaches for the collections of makeup scattered over the top of the vanity's counter to put them on my face. I close my eyes to let him work, feeling him drawing over and around my eyes in steady swirls and lines before something slid over my lips with the consistency of lipstick. When, at last, he was finished, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

"Thank you, Drossel. Everything fits perfectly." I flash my teeth at the doll with a wide grin as he bows his head in thanks before retrieving a dark navy— Nearly black cloak. I stand and let him put it on me before carefully positioning the large hood over my head. The soft lining would surely keep me warm. Once I'm ready, he escorts me down to the entrance, where my company awaits. Arthur and Oliver wore nice suits with sea-foam-green bow ties centered with jeweled pieces, matching each other cutely. I awe at them silently as we approach. For the performance, I decided not to include them after some thought, wanting them to be able to enjoy a day out, enjoying the food and such. Teaching them all the steps in time would involve more work as well. Unfortunately, Drossel will have to be left at home, though I would've liked for him to join the others. It would be too risky between Ciel and Ash being there. Who knows how they'd react? Not well, I'd imagine. Outside is a carriage waiting to take us to the event. It isn't ours, but rather, one I hired to drive us there. Arthur does his duty in helping me in first, then Oli before getting in beside his brother, across from me.