27. lj x Storming

"Y/n! C'mon!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Don't get yourself too worked up there," I told my best friend, who just rolled his eyes at me. "Let's go. It's gonna start raining in a minute," he said, running out of the store to the car, bags of groceries in his hands.

I ran after him, watching him throw everything in the back before he jumped into the drivers seat. I climbed into the passenger seat and as soon as the door closed after me the rain came down.

"Shit," I said, watching people start running in and out of the store as the rain came down hard. "Yea, and it's not supposed to stop for a while," Y/b/f told me as he started the car and pulled out of the parking spot.

The whole ride home I watched out the window as thunder and lightning rattled in the sky. It was around 7 o'clock but it looked like midnight because of how dark it was.

We pulled into the driveway of our house around twenty minutes later. My best friend pulled into the garage and I looked out at the rain. The visibility outside was really bad considering how dark it had gotten and how hard the rain was coming down.

I squinted when I saw a figure walking up the street. Who would be walking in this weather? I watched them for a second before a loud sound of thunder growled in the sky and the figure fell to the ground. "Goddamnit," I muttered to myself before pulling my hood onto my head and running out to help whoever it was.

As I got closer I could see the figure was slowly getting up. I could tell it was a girl, but I couldn't see what she looked like. "Hey!" I yelled, making eye contact with her as she looked up. "Are you okay?" I asked, bending down to help her up. She kept a straight face as she looked me up and down.

"I- um... I don't know where I am," she told me, bright eyes locking with mine.

"C'mon, you can come inside and dry off," I told her, feeling my clothes get heavier as the rain continued to pour down

I held out my hand and she seemed hesitant, but took it so I could guide her into the house. I opened the door for her and closed it behind us. "Y/n! Where are you? I just had to put away everything by myse- oh. Hi?" He said, looking in between the two of us.

"Y/b/f, can you get some towels?" I asked, pulling my soaked hoodie over my head. "Uhh... yea. Yea, you guys stay right there," he stuttered out before running off to get some towels.

I looked over at the girl and saw she was shivering a bit. "You're gonna need to get out of those clothes before you get sick," I said, locking eyes with her once again. "I'll let you have some of mine, but it might be a bit big for you," I giggled, watching her crack a small smile before Y/b/f ran in with towels.