35. nk x Sorry I'm Late

"What time do you guys start?" I asked my girlfriend through the phone.

"In like five minutes," I heard her say as the uber driver made a left turn. "Are you going to make it?"

"I don't know, baby. We're still like twenty minutes away. I'm sorry," I explained as I slumped in my seat a little.

Normani really wanted me to make it for their performance tonight. It wasn't a big performance, but I still wanted to be there for her.

I got held up at a meeting, then my first uber cancelled on me, and now I was running late.

"It's alright. It's not your fault. You should be able to get here before it's over," she explained before I heard someone tell her something in the background. "I have to go now. Bye, baby. Drive safe."

"Bye, I love you," I said with a small smile. "Kill it tonight."

"I will," she giggled. "I love you too."

Then the line cut out.

"Girlfriend?" The driver asked when I looked out the window.

"Yea," I smiled. "I feel bad because I'm a little late to something she's doing tonight."

"Sorry about that, man," he told me.

"It's okay. It's not your fault anyways," I dismissed.

The rest of the ride was pretty silent aside from the radio, but it wasn't awkward. Fifteen minutes later we pulled up outside of the radio station the girls were performing at.

I walked inside, showing my pass when needed before I entered the room where the performance was.

I snuck around a lot of the fans, trying to make it to the corner of the room where Will was standing.

I could see Normani looking around, scanning faces. She made eye contact with me and immediately smiled, waving a little before she focused back on the performance.

"Traffic?" Will asked when he noticed I was standing with him

"Not really. My meeting ran over earlier," I explained, watching him nod.

I watched the girls preform and was a little bummed that I only got to see them preform two songs.

"Give it up for Fifth Harmony!" The radio host said when the girls were finished.

I followed Will to the back were the girls had already gone.

"Hey, Y/n," Camila waved to me when I found them.

"Hey," I smiled, hugging her and Dinah before looking to find my girlfriend.

"She's in the bathroom," I heard someone say behind me, turning to see Lauren with a smile. "Why were you so late?"

"I'm a busy person," I joked, watching her roll her eyes playfully before she hugged me briefly.

"Oh, hey Y/n!" Ally said, hugging me as well.

I made small talk with the girls until I saw my girlfriend exit the bathroom.

I smiled at her and she ran over to me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back, knowing she didn't have the best day and that's one of the main reasons she wanted me here tonight.

"I missed you," she mumbled into my neck.

I smiled and kissed her cheek, pulling back slightly.

"I'm sorry I was so late-"

"Stop," she giggled. "You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault," she said, pecking my lips before pulling me over to sit with her.