Saturday

"Mom get up we gotta go" I pulled the covers off of her. "We gotta be there by seven"

She groaned and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind her.

She's getting her chemo today and she's already in a pissy mood. I'm trying to get her better and she's just being mean, which is very frustrating. Also Mr. Maxwell won't leave my side, he doesn't trust that I'll stay, but where would I go? He drove me here and my mother has my car since hers broke down.

She walks out of the bathroom and looks at me. "You gonna stand here while I get dressed? Go get in the car" she spits at me. I sigh and walk away. "You idiot whore" she says right before I open the door.

She could've at least waited until I left. I don't have to do this, I don't have to take this mans money I can give it back to him just as easily.

I get into Mr. Maxwells car and wait in silence. "What happened?" He asked.

I'm not say gonna say anything I don't feel like talking. I look out the window and look at the house.

I feel like screaming at her. She's so disrespectful to me, I don't deserve to be treated like this, do I? Am I a whore for doing this? Is this prostitution? Am I selling my body to this man? Isn't this illegal? Oh my God. I didn't even think of that. Now I feel like crying. I'm a whore and a prostitute and I don't deserve to be treated like a lady.

I feel something fall down my face and I realize it's a tear. I quickly wipe it away so Mr. Maxwell doesn't notice but he does.

"What the hell happened, Valentina?" He grabbed my arm.

"Nothing" I said.

"Why are you crying?"

"Im not"

He didn't say anything after that he just looked at the side of my face. He doesn't have to work today unfortunately, I'd just like to be alone. Go somewhere to think by myself, he doesn't seem to get that. It's like he's afraid to leave me alone or something, it's weird.

My mother walks comes out the house and toward the car. "We'll talk about it later, Valentina" he says before my mother gets in. He sounds like a parent.

"Why aren't you in the other car?" I asked her leaning my head on my hand.

"I crashed it"

"You what?" I yelled. "You crashed my car? When?" I turned around to look at her.

"Sometime last week"

"And you didn't call me?"

"That car was old anyway and it was breaking down. We can buy new cars now"

"You emphasized the 'we' for what?" I asked.

"Because we both can get new cars now"

"Both of us aren't getting new cars. You're not getting a new- im not getting- no one is getting cars!"

"How am I going to get around?!" She yelled back.

"Call a cab!" I turned around and yelled to her. "Now can you please drive?" I said looking at Mr. Maxwell.

He started the car and cruised down the street. Today is already starting to be a bad day.

-

"Just get me home I'm tired" my mother whined as I pushed her in her wheel chair.

"I know"

"Take me home, Valentina!"

"I am! What do you think I'm doing?"