No Fun Yet

"You are not going half way around the world with that stranger!" My mother yelled in my face.

Joshua told her that he was taking me to France and now I'm here in her house, getting yelled at. "What if he tries to hurt you like you were talking about last time?"

I rolled my eyes as she spoke. "I think you're just mad that you can't go" I said truthfully.

"I mean I would love to go but you by yourself with him? I don't think so. Don't forget that I am still your mother"

"That may be but I'm twenty four and I haven't lived yet"

"What? Yes you have, I've have given you everything!"

"And I have done everything for you! I was devoted to you when you were first diagnosed, I was your second-hand. Everything you needed I provided for you!" I yelled. "You can't tell me what to do anymore"

She peered at me with her green eyes. "If you leave I will never forgive you"

"Why?" I looked deeply into her eyes. She rolled them and tapped her foot. She's the devil and I pity her. The envy that shows clearly through her green eyes. Though I forgive her because she is my mother, and she did raise me. I respect her for that but getting in the way of my happiness is messing with me.

"It doesn't matter" I said when she didn't answer. "I have to go" I said sadly. I grabbed phone off the table and put my shoes on. "I love you mama" I kissed her cheek then made my way to the front door.

"It's getting worse" she said before I opened it.

"What is?" I asked.

"My cancer, the chemo isn't working fast enough" I didn't say anything. I just looked at her with tear threatening to fall down my face. "I'm dying, Valentina"

-
Joshua

What did she say?" I asked as Valentina got in the car.

"She told me to have fun" She said quietly and put on her seatbelt. She's lying, her mother must've said somebody awful to her.

"Good" I looked at her for a long time. I'll bring up the subject a little later but I'm not letting it go.

She keeps ignoring me, not looking at me . "Yea" she said. "Lets go home" she finally looked at me with saddened eyes. Wait, did she just say home? She called my house a home.

I nodded but stayed quiet and started the car.

"We leave for the airport at noon, we've got a lot of packing" I sighed.

"It's not that bad" she said.

We pulled up to the house and got out the car. "What else did your mother day to you?" I asked as we walked into the house.

"Um- she uh" She stuttered. "Nothing" She finally said.

"You were in a good mood before we got to her house now you're... different. What happened?" I grabbed her hand.

"Maybe we should go another time" she said as quiet as a mouse.

"What?" I asked. "You're you happy about it yesterday"

"I know, I'm sorry I just don't think now is a good time" she let my hands go and walked away from me.

"Why have you got something better to do?" I asked.

"What are you saying?" She stopped walking to look at me.

I bit down on my jaw. "Nothing I just... think it's weird that you all the sudden don't want to go"

"Joshua, please don't be mad" she placed her hand on my chest.

I bit down and sighed. I was about to say something when I stopped myself. She's sensitive about her mother, I shouldn't say anything.

"What am I supposed to be then?"

"I'm sorry-"

"What did she say to you, Valentina?" I grabbed her arms. "Just tell me. Stop hiding everything from me"

"I'm not Joshua!" She her voice cracked as she yelled at me and I saw tears in her eyes. She pulled away from me and walked away.

What's wrong with her? Did I do something wrong? What did I even do? I'll let her calm down. I'll talk to her tonight.

-

Heyyyy I'm sorry guys. I was supposed to update on Saturday but my cousins family's house got destroyed in Puerto Rico. So we've been doing a lot to try to help them.

I did get some comments about what I should do for the next chapter but everything comes with a twist 😏 . I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know how you like it!! Love you guys

-chocolateloves2