Till Death Do Us Part

The man pinned my hair up and sprayed hair spray all over it. I coughed and waved my hand around.

"Close your mouth" my mother laughed.

When he was done he looked in the mirror and smiled. "It's beautiful!" He snapped his fingers. I stood and looked in the mirror it is beautiful, and this dress is beautiful.

I took a deep breath and started to feel nervous so looked around the room for something to snack on. My eyes landed on chocolate covered strawberries. I waited for Rosana and Lily to be occupied with something then I quickly and conspicuously headed over and put it in my mouth.

"Hey!" Jess yelled. I turned around slowly. "Drop the strawberry and nobody gets hurt"

"Where did you get strawberries from?" Rosana whined. "I want some"

I shook my head took another bite. "I'm hungry!"

"Valentina" Jess laughed. "You're going to get it all over your dress"

"I'm not I promise"

"You are" she took them from me.

"I'm hungry" I pouted.

"You have to go out in five minutes, Lily and Rosanna go wait by the door"

They grabbed their flowers and left quickly.

"I can't wait for us to become family" she smiled. I noticed the little wrinkles around her eyes.

"I'll be out here when your ready. You have five minutes" she said again. "And if you're not out here in five minutes-" she held out five fingers, again indicating the time. "I'll will drag your little butt out here myself" she winked and left the room.

I smiled and looked toward the mirror. "You look amazing, baby"

I looked at my mom. "I can't believe that almost a year ago it was just us. I'm so happy that your happy"

"Thank you"

"I wish that I hadn't been such a bad mother, I should've protected you more, supported you more"

"That's all in the past"

"You're right and I promise to be by your side the rest of the way"

"I love you" I said quickly before she changes her mind about everything she has said. I felt my face get hot and my eyes started to tear.

"I love you too, baby" she kissed my cheek and hugged me tight.

I sobbed and felt myself started to shake. "Mama I'm so scared"

"I know sweetheart" she rubbed my back. "But if you love this man then you'll know that it's meant to be"

"What if I don't know? What if I thought I knew but I don't know?"

"You know, Valentina and its never too late to back out" she held my hand.

"Alright Valentina" Jess said walking in the room. "Let's go"

"No wait" I stalled.

"What's wrong?" She asks quickly. "Your face! Don't cry yet, your not married" she grabbed a tissue and dabbed my face with it.

"Okay, come on" she grabbed my hand and held it tight.

I saw Jasper standing by the door waiting for me. "You look absolutely beautiful"

"Thank you" I smiled.

We linked arms and stood there looking at the white doors.

The music started playing and I closed my eyes. "I'm scared" I said loudly. "I don't want to do this" I shook my leg vigorously.

"Now why are you so scared?" Jasper asked me quietly. His deep voice comforted me and kept me calm.

"I don't know, I'm just freaking out"

"Look at me" I looked over at him. "We will be family in about 3 minutes, there's nothing to worry about" I bit my lip and nodded. "Now take a deep breath and stop shaking your leg"

I stopped shaking and closed my eyes. Taking one big deep breath.

Then I felt my breath being pulled away from me. I opened my eyes and the door was open. Exposing me to all the people, looking at me, smiling.

Jasper started walking and he pulled me with him. "Oh" I sighed as we walked slowly together. I looked around the grand church. Lots of unfamiliar faces with smiles greeted me.

I looked straight ahead and I saw Joshua. A smile slowly crept across my face as I approached him. He had a serious face put on but I could tell that by the closer I got, he was smiling more.

I finally reached him and walked up the steps toward him. He shook his fathers hand and then held mine. Looking straight into my eyes.

He looks so damn good in his tuxedo. But I want to see him with it off.

"Thank you all for joining us" the pastor said to the crowd, they sat down and listened to what he said.

The pastor started talking but I couldn't listen my ears wouldn't work, I kept getting distracted by the littlest things. I looked down and saw John, he was smiling for once. Then I looked out into the crowd and saw people I've never seen before, then I looked at Joshua, my husband to be. In like 30 seconds.

Joshua's mouth started moving like he was talking then he slid my engagement ring off, putting on another one. "I Joshua, give you Valentina, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you"

I smiled and felt my eyes begin to water.

Then it was mine turn. I quickly said my vows and slid the ring on his finger.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

Joshua and I joined in a kiss and the crowd clapped and cheered. I smiled and kissed him again.

"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell"

I hugged Joshua tight. "I can't wait to take you home, Mrs. Maxwell"

I looked and him and laughed.

I'm married to him, the man I love. Joshua and Valentina Maxwell. I love it.