♧Chapter 1♧ Vexara

3rd Person's POV

It was only at least four in the morning, but the town was already lively. The people went to the market to buy some food for breakfast and some people are just getting ready for bed, due to the fact that they are nocturnal.

For the youngsters though, it's not much of a fun ride for them. Since school is starting, they groaned as they got up earlier than usual and got ready for school.

Oh, did the I, the narrator forgot to say what the people and the town is called? Oh yes, silly me. This town is called the town of Vexara. The people are called Vexarians.

For the past years, the Vexarians here lived very peacefully. Yes, sometimes there are some humans that some how find their way to Vexara, but the guards there let one person handle them, the one whom they call, The Witch. She is known to eat humans and some say that she even eats her customers.

But no, that's not what it's all about. She curses some Vexarians that have not payed their debt, she was the one who helped create the magic that surrounds the place.

Anyways, we may get to that sometime later into this story, shall we?

The started to rise as the youngsters made their way to school. In the far side of Vexara, there was a little cottage that stood there. Plants grew on the front and sides of it as it was the inly place that stood there. Inside, there was a person living there in the rubble of scrolls and some vials that have been made from the night before.

The girl yawned as she stood up from her bed, going into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After that refreshing shower, she got out and got ready for school as she wore her uniform and packed her bag that was filled with her textbooks and another bag that was specifically made to store in fragile items that contained some potions that the teachers ordered. She sighed as she looked at the scroll that contained each and every stuff that she needed when she's going home.

"Everything is set. . . Well then, I'll go now to the place that I dread the most. School, a place where people would look at me and whisper some non-sense." She groaned as she folded the paper and tucked it into the pocket of her uniform as she walked outside and looked to see if everything was okay. She locked it as she made her way to school with her bushy tail swaying a bit behind her.

Once she reached the town, some old Vexarians greeted her and the much younger ones looked at her with the mixed expression of fear and disgust as she didn't mind the stares and whispers as the old Vexarians yelled at them. She stopped in front of a fruit vender and opened her bag and grabbed a vial of pink liquid. "Here you go, Ms. Carter." She gave it to the old woman who smiled at her as her leathery hand reahed for it and grabbed it. The old woman stood up and gave her five gold coins as she thanked the girl.

She continued making her way to school as she ignored the youngsters who were whispering things about her. They know that she could hear them, they were just playing around, trying to hurt her. She just sighed as she continued walking to school, the other people were moving away from her, not wanting to be cursed.

~~~

When she got to school, she sat down on the chair that was way back into the corner. She placed her bags down to her side. She rested her chin on the palm of her hand as she looked around class, seeing everyone so cheery and talking to other Vexarians. She looked around as I examined each and every student until the bell rang. Everyone went back to their seats as the teacher went in to start the class.

"Okay, so goodmorning everyone. I do know that you know very well the rules and other things. Any-" The teacher was cut off by a student who opened the door, panting as she grasped the door frame. "Sorry that I'm late!" She managed a smile.