♧Chapter 2♧ Newcomer

3rd Person's POV

Aika walked around the entrance of Vexara as she sang a lullaby that her mother sang when she was little. She walked up the steps as she held back the urge to cry.

Once she got up, she walked towards the Cherry Blossom tree and dragged her fingers along the trunk as the wind blew softly, making the petals fly away. She sat down the ledge as she looked at Vexara. She sighed as she let her tears trickle down her cheeks as she stopped singing. She wiped away the tears as she took a deep breath and exhaled.

Aika stood up from where she was sitting and walked towards the tree. She jumped and grabbed the branch as she swung herself up and layed down. She looked around to see if there was anyone there. She hung her bag onto a tree branch as she covered her eyes with an arm as she began to drift to deep slumber, not knowing that there was someone who was watching her from the shadows.

~~~

Luna's POV

I paced around the small cabin that I owned that was far away from civilization. Wonder how I still kept my sanity? I don't really know how I kept it.

I rubbed my temples in circles as I closed my eyes in deep thought, thinking about leaving this place.

"Okay Luna, time to find people. Not humans. Just any civilization that is accepting your kind. Okay, stop talking to yourself." I groaned as I opened my eyes and went to my bedroom. I made sure that this place will be kept tidy by a spell that I cast last night. I grabbed my things as I went out and locked the door.

I sighed as I took one more look and turned into a full wolf as my luggage was hanging from my mouth. I began running about, trying to find any sign of life other than pure animals.

~~~

I mean, yes, as part animal my stamina is greater than an average human, but I ran for a long time. I placed my luggage down as I lowered my face to drink the water from the running water.

I turned back into my normal form, which is fully human so that when a human finds me, they wont really know what I really am. I learned how to shapeshift due to the fact that I am five hundred sixty-three years old. And I have been living all on my own for at least five hundred and fifty one one years. So I'm old. Maybe not as old as some other people, but good enough. I stood up as I left my luggage at the near the lake.

Not a very good idea, but oh well. I sniffed the air once and a while as I looked around.

I found a cherry blossom tree as it led me to other cherry blossom trees as I searched for the end of it. Maybe there isn't one.

Once I did- I jumped into the bushes as I heard some sobbing. I peaked my head out a bit as I searched for the source and found a girl crying whilst singing.

Why is she crying though? Did something bad happen? I then looked at her appearance and noticed that she has a fox tail and ears. She stopped crying as she wiped her tears away. I got back into the bush quietly- again, another factor for being a half animal, being sneaky like a predator.

She climbed up the cherry blossom tree and layed down as she looked around before falling asleep.

I got out of the bush and examined my surroundings as I debated on wether I should like, ugh! Nevermind.

I walked towards the staircase as I looked around. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw the city. I thought to myself if they wouldn't mind accepting another person. I hope they will. I used my heel to turn around as I was greeted by a dagger to my throat.

A pair of mismatched eyes greeted me as the girl pressed the knife onto my kneck, drawing blood. I hissed in pain as the dagger began to heat up a bit. Us hybrids have been made to endure much more pain that of a regular human or animal. But this, is enhanced by magic, there for I feel it.

"Who the hell are you? And what are you doing here?" The girl gave a low growl as I examined the situation.

My hands trembled a bit as she looked at me with intimidating eyes. "Rigescunt Indutae!" I yelled in latin as the air around us turned cold as she stopped moving. I backed away as she growled. "Geez, calm down lady!" I exclaimed as the girl stared at me with intimidating eyes. I stood strong and faced her as I grabbed a handkerchief from the pocket of my skirt and wiped away the blood.

"Sana." I mumbled in latin as the cut healed itself. I walked towards her and grabbed the dagger. I dropped the dagger as it burned my hand. "What the actual hell did you do to this to make it hot as hell?" I asked as it started to burn the grass around it.

"Promise me that you won't kill me when I unfreeze you." I said as I looked into her eyes, in search for any emotion. Her eyes softened as if she took a sigh of defeat. I snapped my fingers as she quickly snatched up her dagger and sheathed it back as the flames disappeared as the grass grew back. "Anyways, I'm Luna." I began as I bowed.

"Tch. Doesn't seem like you live here. What am I saying? It sounds like I'm stupid since I'm stating the obvious." She growled to herself.

"Since you don't seem like a threat, I'm Aika Akiyama." She took out her hand. I gleefully shook it. "Anyways, what are you doing here all alone, Aika? Can I call you that?" I asked in which she just nodded in response.

She plopped down onto the ground as her big, fluffy tail swooshed around. "What's your business here?" She asked as she looked into me eyes. "I-I want to find a civilization and try to fit in. For years, I have been all alone." I hung my head as I fiddled with my dress.

"Oh? I seem to understand you, but only a few trust me here. The old ones are the ones who are wise enough to see through the fact that I curse others because of them stealing from me or breaking the contract that we did." She sighed before talking again.

"Seriously, younger hybrids are such naïve creatures. Such pitiful ones that cannot be described by measly words. They have not lived long enough to understand such things that us older ones have been through. I mean, I've been through the building part of this city! I've helped on setting this barrier up for those humans to not get in! But. . . It's been a long time, the barrier is getting old, there for it's getting weaker. But it'll eventually heal itself or something. Sorry for ranting by the way." She scratched the back of her head as she gave a nervous chuckle.

"Anyways, if you would like to reside here, I would like you to fill up this form." She waved her hand around as her bag that was once dangling from the branch, now appeared next to her as she grabbed a paper and a pen out of it.

I grabbed it from her hand and read it. I may have been living alone but that doesn't mean I can't read. I filled the empty spaces as I went to sign it, after I did, my index finger got pricked as the blood dripped onto the paper. It rolled itself up and flew away to somewhere in this town. I sucked onto my bleeding finger as she stood up and hugged me. She lets go and looks into my eyes as they sparkled.

"Welcome, to Vexara, thy new Vexarian! Thy shall be a new citizen among thousands of hybrids that have been living for decades or even millenias! I hope that you enjoy your stay here, I am Aika Akiyama, and thou shall be your guide here in Vexara." She bowed as I looked at her with excitement.

I began jumping, excited to join this new environment for me to seek shelter in when the time comes. I finally have someone to call Family.

~~~

HAII MINASAN!!!

Or would you guys like to be called Vexarians here in this book? If so, lemme know. I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating my books, hehehe

Some people say that they've been on hiatus or they have school, my reason is cuz Im lazy XD

ANYWAYS, THAT'LL BE ALL FOR TODAY'S TOPIC!

BAII

-Eli/Ruby

>1497 ●<