2: Eye Contact With The Bad Boy

As I make my way to my locker, two familiar presence are leaning against my locker. 

I locked eyes with two of my best friends, Layla and Edward. Both of them, more like Layla, ran towards with opened arms, while Edward stroll casually towards me with a grin, and before I knew it, I am already being squashed like an awkward potato. 

Nonetheless, I obviously being the kind soul I am, hugged them back.

Layla Mcdeline is a latina. We've known each other since we were 6, and we're the bestest of friends. We don't keep secrets with each other, we do sleepovers, always continuously try to convince to me to go parties. But I'm not one of the partying style, obviously. 

She knows all my weakness, favourite foods, favourite movies and also she knows how to comfort me. She has problems with her mom often, but she always kept that million dollar smile everywhere, she does know how to hide her pain. She has a perfect body unlike me, she has nice curves and having extremely long blonde wavy hair. Boys would kill for her, and some girls would wonder why she would hang out with a nobody like me, but she still stayed, and that's what I'm grateful to her about: not leaving me behind for popularity.

Well, on the other hand, Edward Johnson, we also met when we were 6, but seperately from Layla, since we met each other in the same pre-school. I had a crush on him once, and who knew he liked me back, but that only stayed for 2 months. He himself, is a handsome young gentleman which girls would queue up for him, but he only had an eye for one girl. I think you can guess who by now, it's obviously Layla. He had a crush on her ever since he laid eyes on her, but she never knew. But he never confessed his feelings for her, because he doesn't want to ruin our friendship. 

And it stayed that way for about 10 years.

"Oh my gosh, J! It's been so long since we've seen each other!!" Layla exclaimed excited, letting go of me.

"We just saw each other 3 days ago. However, I'm happy now that the two of you are here with me." I said smiling, hiding my pain behind my smile at what I experienced when Asher sent the both of us to school.

Edward's eyes filled with concern immediately, "Hey, what did i miss? Did something happened this morning, Jade? You seemed upset." Looks like Edward knew that I had faced with some problems this morning when I arrived to school with students making fun of me already.

"Nah, nothing happened. I'm just tired that's all, don't worry about it..." I lied easily. Both Layla and Edward narrowed their eyes at me, and looked at each other as if they have a conversation in their mind. He sighed and nodded. 

Layla turned to look at me, smiling gently. "Well, let's get to class then. We don't wanna be late for our first class."

Suddenly, we heard girls shrieking when we even have not moved a single feet to the classroom. Before I turned my while body around, I already knew who it was. 

It was the Five Musketeers, walking as if they are greek gods. I should say that all the girls love them including Layla, but not as much, all the boys wanted to be friends with them as well. The five of them are the most popular kids in our school, they are also friends with Asher.

Blake Riley, who was standing in the middle. He was the school's bad boy, with his signature black leather jacket and boots with ripped denim jeans. He's the leader of T5M, he's the one who stood out the most. But he don't really date anyone as far as I would remember, he transferred to our school 2 years ago. He don't really talk to anyone unless its T5M and the school's jocks. His eyes are 2 different colours, left is hazel brown and right is blue, that's my favourite feature of him. He also have blond slick hair that's just suits him perfectly with his entire outfit. He wears a ring on his middle finger as well. 

Ryder Anderson, the school's player or should I say, the school's fuckboy. He has light brown hair and brown eyes, his hair always looking perfect with his v-neck shirt and dark blue jeans. He probably have 3/4 of the school's girl population, excluding me and Layla of course, but didn't date any of them as well. Despite his hump and dump ways, he's good at his Geography. He's the second hottest boy in our school, he have his signature smile that charms all the girls, and his wink which drove the girls crazy. 

Jason Dearlings, the school's jock and captain of the football. He have a spiky dirty blonde hair, and tattoos that covers his chest, it's hot to be fucking honest. He have blue eyes that resembles the ocean, and his smirk probably killed everyone's heart and mind. Even the middle age teachers in our school loves him, probably because of his excellent results in English, he's the top student for English, surprised? He has a girlfriend named Jane, but she's not from our school nor town. 

Andy Sammings, our school's jokester, what's a school called without a prankster right? He pretty much did pranks in school the whole day, even though he is really smart at Mathematics, top student as well. Rumour has it that his ex-girlfriend cheated on him once, and he never dated anyone since. You guys probably wondering why I knew so much about their love life.  I talked to him once, because we were partners in the project, he wasn't that bad at all. One time, he even got suspended when he pranked our school's principal, gluing his chair and eventually he had to get himself removed from the chair at the hospital. That was hilarious, I have to give him that one.

Lastly, our school's warm guy, William Stevenson. He's probably the most decent out of them all. He was a sweet, kind and smart guy, and I have to say, he's cute too. He took girls on dates, but never had them as one of his girlfriends, probably still searching for the right one. He get straight As for tests, I mean like what the fuck, he's should be at an elite school then, not that it's a bad thing. I remembered that he talked to me once, to borrow my physics textbook since he forgot his, his smile blew me away but never made my heart beats as fast as I had for my love for puppies.

That's what I know about T5M. So let's stop talking about them and head to class. 

"Oh my god, they's so freaking cute, especially Ryder Anderson! " Layla squeaks out, covering her mouth with excitement. 

"Come on, we all know that he's the school's fuckboy. Please don't get yourself hurt, Lay? " I warned as my eyes nervously drift to her admirer.

Edward didn't say anything, but his eyes were focused on the ground, hands in his jeans pocket, jaw clenched tightly, upset at the fact that Layla called Ryder cute. I knew how he felt, and he told me that he's hurt once that he didn't get out of the house for a week because Layla had a boyfriend, wishing that he should be the one who loves her. I have to make an excuse that Edward was having a contagious disease so he absent from school to cover up the truth. 

I can't see him hurting like that over again. 

"Whatever, I'm not planning on dating him anyway, he isn't my type and you know that well about me, J.. " Layla continued the conversation, and her eyes from drifted to me.  

"Yea, it better be." I muttered under my breathe, Layla always goes for the bad boys. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps nearing me, and I turned to my right, you wouldn't believe it, but it was Blake. Accidently making eye contact, we looked into each other's eyes for a moment which made my heart skipped a beat. Barely even five seconds, his eyes turned back to the front,, heading to class. William waved to me and smiled but I didn't return it as I was too stunned. 

I can't believe i just made an eye contact with the school's bad boy. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

End of Chapter 2.