3: Seating Partner

"Alright, welcome back, class." My biology teacher chirped happily as she glance at us. 

That's Madam Morris, she's been my biology teacher for 2 years now. She's 68 years old, have slightly bits of grey hair, but still she managed to not older than 50.

She was one of my favorite teachers because she's kind and sweet which reminds me of my grandma, but at times she have a little fire ball in her. 

"Looking good, Mdm Morris, you looked like you didn't age at all!" A random guy in our class shouted. Everyone mumbled in agreement. Well, that's kinda true, she looked like she hadn't age at all, she still look as beautiful as always. 

"Aw, thank you, Jake, for the compliment. Let's start the class shall w-" A door opened before Mdm Morris could finish her sentence.

There walked in Blake, walking towards Mdm Morris with an apologetic smile. 

She smirked and put her hands on her hips, playfully asked, "Well, hello to you Blake darling, you're late on the first day already? "

"I'm sorry, Mdm Morris... You know how I hate being late for class, especially yours... " Blake said with a charming and genuine smile, standing before her. 

Mdm Morris smiled sweetly, "Why of course, Mr Riley, I know how much you love my class and I know you have things to settle in the morning as well. Go on and take a seat... " She's started to look around the class. 

Not me. Not me. Not me. I chanted in my head. 

Unfortunately, and my nightmare came true. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to sit with Blake, but he have that intimidating vibe to him. 

"Go and take a seat right next to Miss Williams, right at the back." She turned her head back to the whiteboard and started to scribble things down. Blake Riley is my eating partner? I mean seating partner?? I can't believe it. All the other girls were whispering and shooting me nasty glares as I can hear them talking about how I don't deserve Blake to be my seating partner. 

He walked towards my table and I rushed to take my bag from his not not occupied desk. He took the seat right away and again, he stared at me for a moment. But I didn't dare to look at him back.

Mdm Morris turned around and served a sheepish smile to all of us. 

"Alright class, I know you guys are probably gonna hate me for this. But since this is first day of school, I have a surprise pop quiz for you to see whether you guys did your revision during the holidays!" 

Everybody groaned at the thought of having a pop quiz during the first day of school, except for Blake, I mean who doesn't? 

Pop quiz? I suck at Bio! I mean I do have decent grades for Biology but that only happens when i studied hard like a turbo.

"No more complaining, pass the papers down." Mdm Morris says as she distributes the quiz papers onto each row of the table, and it was being passed down. I heard Blake muttering something, but I couldn't tell what is it. I looked at him, and his mouth forms a smirk as he receives his paper, and I received mine. My hand starts to pick up the pen and ready to do the work. 

One minute later. 

Alright, it is already established that I clearly didn't revise for this topic. 

I started to get nervous, biting my fingers and clicking the pen continuously. That's my habit when I am anxious that I can't answer the quiz. I can't afford to already fail a test at the start of school. 

Trying to recall all the keywords. "What is the definition of biodiversity?" I muttered to myself quietly. I definitely did this question before, but I just couldn't recall the answer. I started clicking my pen against the table which made annoying sounds, which also apparently annoyed me too.