19: Brother and Father's POV

Asher's POV ( Surprise! )

It's been days since Jade had stayed in her room. She refused to come down for dinner and even go to school. The only times I went up to her room, is to grab her down for dinner which she always refuses. Other than that, I didn't talk to her. Not that I don't want to, I can't talk to her because she needs some space and I respected that. Whenever I went into her room, I can't help but notice the once filled with brightness and giddiness blue room, turned dull and dark as her curtains in her room disallow the sunlight from the outside to pass through. It's always the constant repeat for these past few days. She will be wrapped around her blanket, pretending to sleep but I know her better than that. 

She was crying. Hurting. Tired. 

One night, I find her sitting at the edge of the bed, looking at our family album. More specifically of the pictures containing our mother. She silently sob as she hug our mother's photo towards her chest. Mumbling how God hates her that she has to have cancer too. 

Of course, I have my fair share of pain too. 

Flashback to the evening of the cancer confession

I have cancer, guys.. I'm so, s-so s-sorry... " Jade confessed with a shaky voice. After she said that, she started to bawl her eyes out of anger and sadness. To say that I was angry, is a lie. I am furious, heartbroken. But I refuse to let that side of me show again. 

Dad was shocked to the extent he got up from the couch and got out of the house. I tried to pull him back but he's faster than me. Before he got into my car. 

" D-Dad.. Don't leave... " I pleaded with a broken voice.

" Or what?! This is happening again, Ash!!  After your mom, now my daughter too?! This is insane!! " He manically laughed with absolute no humor in it. 

So I did the one thing to wake him up. 

I punched him. 

Yep, I punched him. But he didn't fought back. 

He solemnly fell onto the ground as he hissed in pain, rubbing the spot on his jaw where I punched him. I grab onto his shoulders, shaking it a little too roughly. 

" Dad! You listen to me!! Jade is in there " I point to the house. " Crying alone when she needs us the most right now! We need to get our minds straight! We can't be like how we did when Mom died, alright?! She's the only family we have left!! She needs us!!!" I yelled at him with frustrated tears running down my cheeks. 

Dad was sitting on the ground, crying out tears of sadness once again because of Jade. I pulled him up, grabbed his arms, hanging it over my shoulders to grab him up as I cry silently. I pulled ourselves back into our house. 

My brown eyes met with her broken grey ones, filled with glistening tears. I broke down. I went over to hug her as tightly as possible after I dropped Dad on the couch. I grabbed fistful of her shirt, pulling her against me closer if possible. " I'm s-so sorry.. Ash.. I didn't mean for this to happen.. " Jade whispers. I cry out of frustration against her shoulder as she cry against mine. 

I pull away from her, making sure that her eyes stay in contact with me. " I won't destroy myself like last time, okay? This time, I will be there for you whenever you need me. I love you so much, J.. I will take care of you properly now..  This isn't any of your fault, Jade." She softly nod as she let her go out of my grasp and went to Dad. He was siting on the couch motionless and stare at the ground with no emotion in his eyes as tears run down his cheeks and mucus running down from his nose. Jade kneeled infront of him, her small hands went up to his face, brushing against his tear stained cheeks. Dad slowly grabbed her hand, kissed the back of her hand, brought it to his chest. He started to sob, and continuously peck her hand multiple times and bringing it to his chest again. Jade throw herself as him as she wrapped her arms around him. Dad's frail hands immediately hugged her back.