Chapter 25

Jax is in a coma and I've been at the hospital all weekend. It is Sunday night and I was still at the hospital.

"Bexie, we need to go home." Dad says. I nod before walking over to Jax. I kiss his forehead.

"I love you." I tell him even though I know he can't hear me. I follow Dad out to the truck and get in. When we get home I put on a tank top and pj pants before getting bed. I grab the picture of me and Jax off my nightstand and hug it to my chest as I fall asleep.

***

My alarm goes off the next morning and I smack it off. I get out of bed and go to my bathroom. I take a quick shower before grabbing a black and white sweater and black leggings. I put on brown ankle boots before walking to my bathroom.

I blow dry my hair and put it in a ponytail

I blow dry my hair and put it in a ponytail. I brush my teeth before grabbing my phone and backpack and heading downstairs. I grab banana and go straight to the truck. I get in the front and close my eyes. After a few minutes I hear doors slam shut and the truck turn on. I keep my eyes closed on the way to school.

***

"I think Jax got hurt on purpose so he could get away from you." Alice tells me.

"Alice, leave me alone." I tell her, trying to keep back my tears.

"Why?" She asks.

"Just, go. Please." I say, letting the tears flow down my cheeks.

"No." She says. "And stop crying. There's no reason."

"Really, there's no reason?" I snap. "Alice do you know how hard it was for me to leave the hospital knowing that something could happen when I wasn't there? Knowing that I might never hear his voice again? Knowing that I could get a call any minute telling me he's gone? Telling me I'll never see him again? He's in a coma Alice. So next time you tell someone there's no reason to cry, learn your facts." And with that I turn and walk away.

I walk out to the football field and sit on the bleachers. I pull my knees up to my chest and lay my forehead on them. I close my eyes and let the tears fall.

***

"Bexley. You have to get ready for the gender reveal party." My mom says softly coming into my room.

"Ok." I tell her and get off my bed. She walks out and closes the door. I go to my closet and grab a light pink knee length dress, denim jacket, and white converse. I put on gold heart earrings. (The necklace and purse aren't part of the outfit)

After I put them on I brush through my hair again before going downstairs

After I put them on I brush through my hair again before going downstairs. Everything is set up. Tables lined with snacks, pink and blue balloons, and bows and mustaches. All our family and friends are here.

"If it isn't Bexie Bear." A familiar voice said from behind me. I spin on my heels to see Ken.

"Kenny!" I yell and hug him.

"Stop calling me Kenny." He says.

"Sorry." I say laughing and breaking the hug.

"So, how've you been?" He asks throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"I've been better." I tell him.

"Lil' A, who is this?" Blake asks walking up to me.

"Blake, this is my cousin Ken. Ken this is Blake." I say. They shake hands before Blake walks away.

"So, have you gotten yourself a boyfriend yet?" He asks. He had always made fun of me because I had never had a boyfriend.

"Yes." I say.

"Is he here?"

"No." I answer.

"Where is he?" Ken asks. 

"Hospital." I mumble.

"Oh. What happened?" He asks.

"Football accident. Don't want to talk about it." I say. He nods.

***

"Ok! Everybody gather in the living room for the big reveal!" Dad yells about an hour into the party. I walk into the living room and stand in the front. There is a big box in the front of the living room that Dad's going to open and pink or blue balloons are going to come out depending on the gender.

"And it's a-" Dad starts opening the box. A bunch of pink balloons come out meaning it's a girl.

"Finally!" We all scream. I'm excited, yes, but I'm still sad Jax isn't here.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hey! So this is a bad chapter and I'm sorry but it has to be in here for the story line. Also, HOLY CRAP!! WE'RE #672 IN TEEN FICTION!! This a bonus chapter because you guys are AMAZING! Also you're probably like 'What's up with Jax?' and I promise you will know either in the next chapter or the one after that.

Comment and vote!

See ya suckers!

Love ya!