Chapter 20: New Title

I woke up to Tasia shaking my shoulder. I looked outside the car window to see city six within a fair distance. Addison was still sleeping on my shoulder. Tasia moved her hand to wake up Addison, but I stopped her.

"She needs to sleep," I said. "I'll carry her back."

Tasia nodded, then walked around the car to wake up Ashley. I carefully moved Addison off of my shoulder, then climbed out of the car. I took Addison out of the car and carried her on my back. By the time, I got Addison on my back, Tasia had woken up Ashley. Ashley walked around the car, rubbing her eyes. She at the city, and I could have sworn I saw her smile.

"We made it," Ashley said. "Let's get back to base and get his all over with."

Jericho got out of the car and walked over to us.

"I know you had a good reason for leaving, but please don't do that again," He said.

"I can't make any promises," I replied.

"I guess I should have expected that answer. Well, at least this time it paid off. Let's just get back to the bunker, I'm too tired for this."

"That's what you get for staying up, waiting for Cyrus to do something," Tasia said.

"Hey, it wasn't for nothing," Jericho replied. "At least my suspicions were correct."

"I guess that's true, but I'm just wondering how many times you've done something like this."

"More times than you know."

I looked at Jericho and Tasia and smiled. Anytime I saw Tasia, she was always too shy to speak, but now that she was with Jericho, she wasn't shy at all. They way they spoke, made things feel almost normal.

"Alright, let's go," Ashley said. "We're almost there."

Ashley began walking back to the city, with all of us following her. It didn't take long to get back to the city, but we still had to get passed the city guards. Ashley led us through an alleyway on the far left side of the city where there were no guards. When we made it through the alley, Ashley turned right and led us back to the building that housed the bunker. When we reached the building, the sun was coming up. She pulled the secret lever, and the trapdoor opened, revealing the stairs to the bunker.

We walked down the stairs, into the lobby. When we got downstairs, we saw Dakota sitting in the lounge, reading a Newspaper. She looked up at us and dropped the paper. She stood up and ran toward us. When she reached us, she wrapped her arms around all of us.

"You had me worried!" She exclaimed.

"What are you doing up this early?" Jericho asked.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen to get some water, when I saw the note that Ashley left. I went to wake you up, but you weren't in your room, so I assumed you went after her. I wasn't sure you would make it back!"

"Well, we're back," Ashley said. "Our mission was a success.

Dakota let go of us and looked at Addison, who was still asleep on my back.

"You got her back," Dakota said. "What did they do to her?"

"I don't know everything, but I do know that I won't let this slide," I said.

"Trust me, neither will I. I can;t forgive someone who would do this to such an innocent girl."

"Well, this has been nice," Ashley cut in. "But we need to get some rest. None of us have that much sleep, and I feel on the verge of passing out where I stand. There's nothing to worry about now, so everyone, go to bed."