Chapter 25: Platinum Terror

"You really aren't going to give up?" Axel said. "Good, I've been wanting to get in on some action for some time now."

Axel fired his pistol, but before the bullet could reach Ashley, it was deflected by Jericho, who had cut his own hand and solidified his blood before sending it in front of Ashley.

"Sorry, but your bullets can't pierce through my blood," Jericho said.

"So, you must be Bloodthorn," Axel said. "You think pretty quick. However, that won't make a difference against me."

"You're up against ten Yondites," April said. "Nine of which are part of the Supernatural categories. What makes you think you can win?"

"You do remember who I am, right?" Axel replied. "I'm the leader of the second highest ranking squad in The Overmasters' army!"

Suddenly, Axel began to radiate a metallic liquid from his body. The liquid surrounded Axel's body and solidified into solid metal. It looked like the metal would make him stiff, but Axel still moved just fine.

"So, you really are a Soul Category," Ashley said.

"And who told you that?" Axel asked.

"None of your business," Ashley replied.

"How cold of you. Anyway, yes I am a soul category, and this is my Soul Element. I call it, Phantom Steel. It's much stronger than any metal in existence, and I can change its shape and apply different characteristics of other metals, such as a greater weight than lead, or the ability to conduct electricity even better than silver. Not to mention, I can use Soul Wrap without having to worry about damaging my body. These are just a few of the things I can do with my Phantom Steel."

"I thought only Spirit could use Soul Wrap," Ashley said.

"He's considered to be the only one who can use it because his Soul Element is dangerous to touch, so he has to use layers. Unlike his Soul Element or yours, mine can be touched without losing a finger. Anyway, that's enough about me. Now, it's time to beat you all into submission."

More Phantom steel came from Axel's body and formed into two rods, then solidified. Axel grabbed the rods, then prepared to charge.

"Don't lose too quickly now," Axel said. "This is the first time I've been allowed to have fun in years."

Axel charged at us.

"Scatter!" Ashley yelled.

Everyone split off in different directions. Without saying anything, Axel targeted Ashley. Ashley drew her sword and prepared for Axel's attack. When Axel reached Ashley, he swung one of his rods at her head. Ashley deflected the rod with the back of her blade, but Axel swung his other rod at her head. Spiritfrost shot out from Ashley and stopped the rod before it could hit her. Ashley kicked Axel in the abdomen, pushing him back, but showing no signs of actually damaging him.

Axel recovered quickly, but before he could retaliate, A ball of Jericho's hardened blood struck him in the head, knocking him over.

"Now that you've covered yourself in such a powerful defense, I don't have to hold back," Jericho said.

"Jericho," Ashley said. "I want you and Tasia to go after the pylon. The rest of us will fight Axel."

"Are you sure about that? I feel like I would be more useful here."

"I'm positive. I don't want you to be forced to use blood rage, and with Tasia's sight, you won't have to look back."

"Alright, if you say so."

Jericho looked to Tasia.

"Let's go," He said.

Tasia nodded, and they began running toward the pylon.