D E C I S I O N S

MY INSTANT REFLEX IS TO bite the hand before it can land on my mouth. It falters a bit but tries to seal my mouth again. I jerk my elbow to the person's stomach and slam my foot on theirs with a sickening crunch.

A stream curses flow near my ear as I twist on my feet and let my right hook fly. I can't see anything out of the ordinary behind me, but my knuckles crack against something hard and I let my other fist aim in a similar direction as before.

Most people have a reflex to freeze or scream for help, something I used to do. So much. And the result of it was me being helpless. I completely numbed myself and took the assault with the grace of an impassive queen.

Not anymore.

Never again.

I'll never back down, I'll keep fighting back like a solider.

A survivor.

A warrior.

My fist doesn't reach its destination, instead it pauses midair with an invisible grip latching onto my wrist. I try to tug my hand away but the grip doesn't falter. With a torque I can't oppose I'm twisted around again. This time in an unrelenting grip around my mouth and one pinning my arms to my sides. I try to kick the air behind me but whatever the hell is holding me doesn't falter one bit, but lifts me higher.

Now I scream.

And so does James.

"ADAM!" He shouts.

His face is red, physically frozen on the sofa with a look of horror and bewilderment. I'm more confused than him, as to what is happening to me. It doesn't take one second for the door on the other side of the room to blast open with Adam and Juliette storming inside with guns in their hands. I try to shout at my sister but my voice is totally blocked by the leathered hand. I try to bite it but the thick material barely stays between my teeth.

"What's wrong?" Juliette shouts and runs toward me while Adam motions his gun around the room, his gaze fierce and alert.

I try to scream again but I realize that my sister obliviously walked right past me. I see Juliette stop mid stride and her eyes widen, Adam frowns. He lowers his gun and looks around the room, then at the spot where I am. He looks through me.

"What the hell?" Adam swears under his breath. "Where'd she go?"

My sister blanches, "S-she isn't here-"

James stands up and waves his hands through the air, panicking as he checked for me, but the person holding me had dragged me backward, I don't stop struggling nor trying to bite his hand off. I will myself and my brain not to let this trigger me back to where I was years ago, I can't let that happen. I'd break in an instant.

James looks hysterical. "She was right here, I swear. I think she turned invisible or something because -"

"Enough." snaps Adam, I want to hit him for being so harsh to his brother despite my current state. "Go into the room and hide under the bed, we'll find her."

James bristles but does as told. Juliette and Adam stomp through the apartment looking for me, which leaves me even more confused. I look down, my chin jerking toward my chest. My eyes turn to saucers. Shock and horrified, I realize the truth as it hits me like a bus.

I cannot see ANY part of me.

The hard pressure keeping my arms loosens a little when I stop struggling. I try to lurch away when something pricks the skin on my inner elbow. I think I know who it is! I think I -