23

It'd been a month and a half since life was turned by all different angles to a certain young man. Like it is said, time heals all wounds. That was true but only in certain situations, his was one of those. Sure, the wounds did not sting as bad but hat didn't mean he still didn't feel like he should be buried six feet under at times.

Now Jimin was spending much of his time, evenings mainly, at his newest friend's home. Daehyun welcomed him warmly every single time he'd visit. The sad boy would smile brightly at the sight of Jimin at his door.

"Pretty girl but like eh," Daehyun shrugged. He spoke to Jimin about his latest adventure in town which was the previous night at a club.

"So no?" Jimin asked, Daehyun knew what he meant so no more elaboration was need.

"I wanted to," He sighed," but I got too wasted.

Being "too wasted" had become one of the older boy's problems. He was a drinker, sometimes drinking more than other times. It was alarming at times. Daehyun would lay on his couch contemplating so many things that it became a very big mysteries as to how he came up with those questions. Jimin had become aware of this not because he'd been present during, at least not physically. Daehyun had gotten use to calling him at the very early hours of the morning to ask him his opinion on the thoughts.

"Well that's good but," Jimin stood from the sofa, "I've got to go so you'll have to tell me the rest some other time."

Daehyun shrugged. "Fine, just come over tomorrow or somethin'."

Jimin promised he would, so he gathered his things and head for the door. Just before he shut the door a scream from the boy reached his ears.

"Ask your mom to pack me food!"

The younger one chuckled at the request. Mrs.Park had come to know of Daehyun, briefly that was. Jimin told her about him. He was sure to leave out all that made the boy displeasing, like his drinking addiction. His mother had taken pity on the suicidal teen. When she heard he lived alone she'd send him with food with Jimin as delivery boy. In return Daehyun would send small gifts to the woman in a form of thanks. It was safe to say she had taken a liking to him.  

Jimin had much in his mind as he walked the lonesome street on the way to his next destination. A message dinged him out of his thoughts, it was Taehyung. He'd been messaging back and forth with the boy, only simple messages that left room for much more. They'd see each other once more, very soon.

The time came a lot quicker than expected by one of the seventeen year olds and it wasn't Jimin. He knocked on the door he'd hadn't crossed in so long and pushed the door open. All movement from the inside had stopped and pairs of eyes turned to him.

"Jiminie!"

Taehyung took of from the floor in such a quick movement that he tripped and fell face first yet the smile on his face remained. The boy embraced who he hadn't seen in so long in a tight squeeze. Jimin didn't hug back though, he just stared at the petite male who muttered how much he'd missed him.

"Welcome back." Jungkook spoke up from the table where he packed in the day's deliveries.

"Thanks but I won't be staying long." Jimin pushed Taehyung off him, "Is Hyung in his office?"

Jungkook nodded his head and so the elder took of there. His visit wasn't unexpected, at least not to the single person awaiting him. Namjoon had not begged him to return but him a simple message that left Jimin's curiosity spiked. He decided he'd waited long enough and so with the convincing words of Sohyun, he gave in.

"Jimin, about time you show."

The young boy greeted Namjoon softly then took a seat besides the other male on the room. Jin excused himself but before leaving the room he was sure to pat Jimin's shoulder.

"I want a clear explanation."

Namjoon hummed."I'm sure you do. I think perhaps I should clear on thing... it is because if I that no one told you anything."

Jimin had come to guess considering those who tried to explain themselves always attempted to back themselves with the fact it was not that they didn't want to tell him. Namjoon was at the source and now he knew for sure.

"You're young, I was trying to protect you. When I told Taehyung he took it lightly because he didn't care as long as he hadn't eaten any-"

"One?" Jimin whispered in a voice that almost cracked. His eyes were already watering at the memory of his actions. Although he'd come to tell himself what was done could not be changed, the thought still haunted him.

Yeah." Namjoon sighed. "Well no one told Minhyuk that so here we are. You knew cannibals exist Jimin but you cannot blame us completely for something you did."

"No one told me!" Jimin screamed outraged but the claim. He did blame them for not telling him what he devoured so hungrily was one of his kind. It also had gotten him thinking how many more times he'd eaten someone and no one had said anything.

"I know Jimin but-"

"But nothing! S-Someone should have told me something-"

"Accept it!"

By now the two were standing. Namjoon leaned forward with his two hands on the desk while Jimin stood panting from his outbreak.

"Forgive your brothers." Namjoon spoke first. "Those boys care about you far too much so do yourself a favor and forgive them. And I know for a fact that your hurt is not coming from them but by the one you cared the most about."

He was right.

On the nights Jimin cried his heart out, there was a single face that appeared. He did not blame his friends for not have telling him anything, especially now that he knew why. It was Yoongi who he resented. It was the single man that appeared in his thoughts and cause his heart ache to be greater.

Jimin wiped away the tears from his hollow cheeks. "I'm going to go."

Namjoon nodded. "Will you be back?"

The boy didn't know what to answer despite having a guessed vision of his future. The pain was still being eased but that didn't mean he did not miss how things were before. Some things would not return how they were, like his oblivious knowledge of his own kind or the innocence he once held. Some relationships would change, one most of all. Jimin did miss those who were friends turned into family.
As he was told, family is not left behind nor forgotten. Jimin planned to take action upon neither.

"Soon."

~'~'~'
*cue Jimin theme song*

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}