33

"What a douchebag."

At the voice of the not so much intoxicated teenager, his brother rolled his eyes. An hour had passed since all went to hell with their father. The mess that was created was cleaned up so now the brothers sat in the dining room.

"What's wrong with you?" Jimin muttered as he watched his brother chew on his food nonchalantly.

"Nothing wrong with me, what's wrong with you?"

Jihyun wasn't sober yet but he was getting there. The elder brother forced him into a cold shower and fed him in hopes that when their father returned, the younger could put some reason into his argument. He also didn't want his mother to walk in to find her drunk son humming tunes on her couch. The woman had picked the evening to go out with her friends, what luck of theirs.

"No wonder Dae loves Eomma's food, this is delicious!"

"That's bread Jihyun."

It could have been water, it didn't change anything. The younger was enjoying his meal far too much to care what it was he was eating. At the mention of his friend, Jimin's mind was forced back to the topic he had so much grown to hate thinking about in the past hour.

"Is it true?" Jimin spoke up. "What you said about Yoongi?"

Jihyun was swaying his head, a piece of bread in hand. "Don't remember what I said, what did I say?"

Jimin shifted in his chair uncomfortably. He didn't even want to think of what he said let alone repeat it. However he did want an answer so he rephrased his brother's words.

"Yeah, says so his brother too. Guy called me a fish stick earlier so not sure if that's of any help."

A sigh escaped Jimin's lips. He was upset. So much he completely missed to acknowledge that Jihyun had been in the company of Yoongi's brother. Deep down something heavy rose to bring him down. He didn't want to believe he was forgotten like yesterday's paper yet that seemed to have been the case. Yoongi was known to last with no one, Jimin wasn't the exception but Kyungsoo seemed to be so.

"Sorry bro but hey you've got Daehyun now so it doesn't matter right?"

"We're friends."

"Cool."

The room was filled again with nothing but Jihyun's movement with the silverware. He was enjoying the butter a lot more than usual. His brother on the other hand was too busy letting images of the unwanted invade his mind.

Jimin felt stupid.

He really thought he'd be the exception to Yoongi's reputation. Many thought so too. Kyungsoo still held the crown though, it appeared he'd be keeping it too. A ringing noise snapped Jimin away from his feelings for a second.

"Yes?"

"Oh thank god!" Said a worried voice. "I lost Jihyun and he's drunk, like really drunk."

Jimin sighed. "I know, he's sitting right in front me."

The elder said no more to the younger on the other side, he passed his phone over to his brother. Jihyun didn't even bother to clean away at the crumbs on his fingers, he took the device into his hands.

"Hello?...Hi bunny!"

What Jungkook said next could be heard by both despite the phone not being on speaker. He was screaming so loud even Jimin was taken back by the volume. When the scolding was over, Jihyun's eyes were watering.

"I didn't mean to...", pouted the younger. "I was just tired bunny...don't be so mean!"

And the water works fell and they fell really hard. Jimin stared through tired eyes as his brother sobbed to the boy on the other line while continuing to munch on the bread in front of him. He couldn't believe this was how he was spending his night.

"But Kookie! I-I...don't be mad okay! I won't do it again!" Jihyun sobbed on. "Bunny!"

That was the thirtieth time the pet name was yelled and the last Jimin wanted to hear it. He snatched the phone from his brother's filthy hand.

"Go clean yourself up." Jimin command harshly. He put the phone to his ear. "And you, why the hell did my brother come home wasted?"

Jungkook went on to explain himself as fast as he could. It was clear he too wasn't sober from his stuttering but enough to deliver a full and understanding story. The two teenagers went to a party. While there Jihyun was offered drinks that were far too strong for his small petite body. As Jungkook was fetching food to sober him up before sending him home, Jihyun escaped from the bench he was sat on. In short,  it didn't matter anymore. Jimin didn't care very much but he wanted something get his mind off his findings so he listened.

"D-Did he say anything I should be worried about? About us-us maybe?" Jungkook asked, all the sudden concern filled his voice.

Jimin shrugged. "Maybe but listen is it true what he's saying about Yoongi?"

There was so immediate answer.

"That depends, what did he say?"

Again there was a force of repetition for an answer.

"Nothing. Have a goodnight Jungkook."

A sigh escaped Jimin. He rose from the chair and into the kitchen where his brother was still crying. He had never seen Jihyun like so. Never did the boy let his feelings out so freely, the sight was foreign. Last tears Jimin recalled seeing in his brother's cheeks were from when he was thirteen and he broke his arm. The boy was in so much pain that it was understandable but now there was no physical pain.

"I-I upset Jungkook." Jihyun sniffed. He wiped away at the tears on his cheeks after turning away from his brother's sight.

"So?"

Jihyun shrugged."I don't know, he might want to end things now and I guess I'm not ready for that and why am I I telling you this?"

The elder just stood against the counter while his brother cleaned himself up. It was true what he asked though, why was he telling Jimin all of this? The answer was clear though, because he was hurting and his brother was the  only one he could share his burden with.

"Just go to bed."

The boy made a big deal of something that did not call for such a scene. As Jihyun walked away, it made him wonder just how much love Jihyun held for Jungkook to worry over such a small mess up. It was amazing to see what the other boy had done to his brother, having him cry over a simple mistake. Jihyun wasn't one to do that yet there he was sulking his way to his room.

"Goodni-"

It was Jimin's turn to cry.

He covered his mouth to stop any noise that would alert his brother. For the second time that day he sobbed into the sleeves of his shirt. The poor cloth was stained with his tears forever now. Not even the strongest of the detergents would be able to rid the shirt of the tears on it, along with the memories of their cause.

"Yoo...ngi..."

Pain surged through the boy's body liked a virus spreading throughout it. He stumbled his way to a stool to sit on then buried his face into his arms to cry. His whimpers filled the empty kitchen of him and his pain.

"Why..." Jimin sobbed and wondered.

Why was he curious? Why did he ruin what they had? Why couldn't he just accept it? Why did knowing this bother him so damn much?He had moved on so why was he feeling like this?

There were no answers to the questions so tears were responsive instead.

~'~'~'
Its like 3 am but I realized I hit 4K so here's a little gift. Also since it's so late I'm not at my sharpest so I do apologize for any errors.

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}