34

Two heads of teenagers bobbled to the melody that was emitted into their ears. The shared cable between them swayed along with their footsteps on the hot ground. Music that could be described as more to youngsters' taste filled in as background noise to their conversation.

"He told Eomma that he'd been called out of the country for business."

"That is no where near to being the answer to my question."

Jimin rolled his eyes in return but said nothing, Sohyun was right. Her question wasn't about his missing father's whereabouts, it was about his sobbing fest after sending his drunk brother to bed. He wondered why he even opened his big mouth to his girl friend when he very well knew she wouldn't be satisfied with only details of his scene. It wasn't very interesting, she wasn't at full blame.

"I don't know Sohyun...it was in the moment kind of thing." Jimin sighed. "I guess a certain part of me didn't liked the news. Does that ans-"

"Sounds to me like a certain part of you is still in love and Jihyun's little sob story seemed to have rubbed off your emotional ass. Oh and if it's an 'in the moment kind of thing' then why have you been so depressed lately?"

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The girl had hit the mark so spot on even Jimin couldn't deny her the reasoning because deep down he knew it was very true the words she preached. He also knew that even trying to bring up another topic would be useless.

"You need closure babe."

They had come to a halt. Eyes wandered about their surroundings to come to realize that he was where he least expected to be. Jimin had been so distracted in telling the events of the days before to Sohyun that he had let her lead the way which was a mistake. The earbud was pulled out of an ear, the world around them was completely exposed. Faint noise of a group chatting was now understandable to a minimum and sound of wheels on the ground became louder.

"Sohyun-"

"Closure babe, go get it."

The girl hugged her friend who was now unhappy with her. She then took his hand to drag him to the shop he avoided on the block. Jimin had his head down. He didn't want to do this, not so soon yet he wasn't putting up a fight. It was odd to him, the sour taste in his mouth. When he heard the clicks of Sohyun's heels on the floor, he looked up to meet eyes younger than his.

"Hey Kooks, is Oppa here?" Sohyun asked sweetly while she greeted the fifteen year old with a kiss on the cheek. As the young boy nodded, the shiny metal in his nose was brought to the attention of Jimin. He pointed to the curtains, she thanked him and disappeared behind them. Jimin was left to awkwardly stand by the entrance watching the younger struggle to come to a decision. In the end, Jungkook ended up approaching him.

"I'm sorry."

Jimin looked away. "Kinda too late for that. My brother probably blew his cover to our father."

In the mind of the seventeen year old, he was almost certain that his father had not bought his dumb excuse that claimed his brother's  partner interest to be a woman. Jihyun was a difficult boy, had always been, and their father was sure to remember that when he was reevaluating their quarrel. If Mr.Park had overlooked the lame excuse of his eldest child, his youngest was definitely in very big trouble.

"I'll uh take responsibility for Jihyun if anything..." Jungkook muttered in a tone of  uncertainty.

"You better. Nice piercing."

Jimin smiled a bit at the boy's rising blush. He patted his shoulder then took a seat in the chair nearest to the door. For only a minute he was alone, Jungkook joined him with a book in hand. The boy pointed to a paragraph that Jimin came to realize was actually a math problem. A grin came onto the seventeen year old's face, he was glad to help. And so the two sat closely, one teaching, one learning. Beads smacking against each other broke their focus.

"She'll be pleased to hear that, you be well now."

Jimin looked up in time to catch Sohyun peck Yoongi's cheek, her form of a greeting and farewell with almost everyone. The man however had his eyes elsewhere. He wished her farewell but kept staring into the eyes of uncertainty that looked back at him. Sohyun left, she dragged Jungkook with her.

The boy stood. "Hey...can we talk?"

He didn't know what he wanted to talk about or if he even wanted to talk to Yoongi yet there he was asking so nervously. His friend had put him in the situation and now he was stuck in it. Feeling from the days before, along with present ones roamed the seventeen year old's stomach like they were on a roller coaster ride. The elder agreed but not so out in the open, he asked for Jimin to wait for him in his art room while he tended to his ringing phone.

The dark room with memories of the once couple was almost as Jimin had last seen it. There was new art on the wall to decorate it's walls. The newest pieces were a bit different to the other's, they kept the same dark aura yet something was different. Most were just black ink while the new ones shined with parts of the color red.

"Sorry-"

"Business?"

Yoongi snickered at the younger's response before humming to confirm the suspicions. He leaned against the wall, he asked what exactly he had been summoned for. There was a silence for a few seconds before Jimin spoke up.

"I don't know." He mumbled from his spot on the rolling chair. "I..."

"Fine, then let me do the talking?" Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded, he'd allow him to do such since he was stuck with no way out in his own uncertainty. He'd allow for Yoongi to fill the room with his voice because really it was all Jimin was wanting and not just due to his lack to do so. It'd be a lie to say he hadn't been craving the slightest touch from the man.

He'd been missing Yoongi.

"I didn't mean to make you cry...I'm sorry but I didn't know how to make you listen. You're not like Taehyung or Jungkook, you're so different baby. So, so different that it's be an insult to compare you to them. Sure, you guys may act similar at times but your backgrounds are different and that's why we- I, why I sheltered you."

Yoongi had stopped talking due to the actions of the boy in front of him. Jimin had tears falling from his eyes. The boy was trembling slightly, he was overwhelmed. So overwhelmed not by the words the man spoke but by his presence overall. Being with him felt so different than it had a few days ago in the forest. Now that they both were a place where so many affections had been shared, Jimin felt something deep inside of him rise so what he did next couldn't be helped.

He hugged Yoongi.

Silently on his shoulder he let tears fall without stop. Tranquility fell upon the struggling being the moment warm arms wrapped around his torso. His senses we're thankful to him. His touch was grateful for the shirt underneath his fingertips and his smell for the scent that was Yoongi's cologne.

For once in so long Park Jimin was at a peace in the arms of he who had caused him disturbance in the first place.

~'~'~'
Y'all must be going crazy for the next update, to post or not to post? 🤔

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}