42

What was hoped to remain a secret taken to the grave escaped the mouth of Park Jimin so easily that it frightened for a second but only a second. He knew what he did was wrong but lying to his aunt would be worse. He owed it to the woman to at least be honest with her after all he put her through. Also once the truth was out a weight was lifted from his shoulder's. Jimin felt some relieve to his pain in revealing the truth. 

"Why would you do that?" Aunt Jiae asked him in a tone that was hushed so that no one but the two could hear the sinful talking. No one would hear because nine thirty was lights off and everyone was well tucked into bed by now, awake or not. 

"I didn't know...I was lied to."

She nodded. "I had figured that but I needed to be sure. I hope you're ashamed of yourself."

And he was very ashamed of his actions. Jimin did not need the reminder from his aunt and he sure as hell didn't want it. The months that came after the unfortunate incident were the worse he'd experienced in his whole life. They consisted of painful nights full of crying, muffled whimpers, and self disgust. Jimin was grossed out by himself, what he'd done but even more with the fact that because of that he caused the life of an innocent family member that had not even seen the light of day. Not only had he dealt with those two problems but he also felt the burdens of a broken heart. He felt betrayed by his friends and lover. Jimin didn't want to go back to those dark times. 

"I am...What happened was all my fault and...I take responsibility for my actions."

Jiae sniffed, "Good because the next two months are going to be your living nightmare. Have a goodnight Jimin."

She walked right out of there without a single word more to spare. Jimin was left behind to think of what she spoke. He was very aware that his visit there would be a nightmare but now that his aunt said so, he worried even more. 

***

Two weeks went by since the arrival of the guest in the house of a single mother with her two twins. Geun and Minki were the nightmare that the aunt had mentioned to the eldest nephew. She did not need to partake in any actions for Jimin to believe so. A perfect example would the Sunday morning at church. 

It was the end of the hours and all the members were standing outside discussing their lives and the happenings of which they were all there for. Jiae was talking with a few women while her sons ran about the court yard like a duo of cattle and her nephews chased after them.

"Get back here!" Jihyun huffed as he stopped to take a break from the exhausting activity. 

"You do soccer, how are you tired!?" Jimin breathed heavily besides his brother on the ledge of a short stone wall that served as a pot to flowers. The sun beamed in his face as he attempted to look for his cousins in the group of other children running around like a pack of animals. Usually he would not care for the boys were just enjoying themselves after three hours of not doing so but the mother of the twins claimed that even if a single speck of the dirt was on their clothes they'd be going to be going to do laundry the next day. Monday's had become the day for the Park brothers to get away and they didn't want to spend it cleaning what was not theirs. 

"Okay you get G-Geun and I'll get...the other one." Jihyun patted Jimin's shoulder then ran off after one of the twins which could very well be "the other one" but they wouldn't be able to tell. The elder brother took off after one of his cousins. After what was a game of cat and mouse, the young boy was in the grasp of his older cousin. 

"I got him!" Jimin yelled happily just as Jihyun got his hand on the other's hair and pulled him into his chest. The brothers brought the captured relatives together to sit on the stone.