39

Nightfall fell in the neighborhood in which the Park family resided. The parents slept soundly in their respected bedroom, the youngest son silently tapped away on the keyboard of his phone and the eldest conversed while staring out the window of his room.

"Doll?"

Jimin bit down on his lip as he resisted the temptation an invitation. He was regretting having allowed the call of the elder who now he spoke with. Yet he didn't deny the offer, he just didn't say anything. His current vulnerability was forcing him right where he knew he should not be."

"I can't." He choked out eventually. "I should go to bed."

There was a silence on the other side.

"Very well baby. Sleep soundly."

The call was ended with that. Jimin made his way back to his bed where his heart would not let him be at rest. There was a pain that made itself impossible to ignore. It was the type that left you wanting to rip out your very heart and launch it into the deepest part of ocean or the darkest of part of the universe. He tried his hardest to sleep it away but as said before, it was not letting him. Eventually the boy sat up and opened the application on which he had last texted. There was still the two keys that formed a heart. It was to that image that drifted him to a slumber that did not last long.

"Rise and shine brother!"

Jimin's peaceful sleep was interrupted by the yell of his younger brother and the beautiful scenery from his window was ruined by him too. Jihyun smiled widely at Jimin. The boy was far too happy for a school morning but it wasn't just that which caught the attention of the elder.

"I thought dad told you not wear those things." Jimin muttered about the two metal accessories decorating his younger brother's face. Instead of explaining himself, Jihyun face scrunched up in disgust.

"Whew!" He pinched his nose. "Your breath smells like a raccoon's fart but that raccoon ate another raccoon and it farted-"

"Shut up!" Jimin pushed away his brother who laughed. "What are you so happy about?"

Jihyun shrugged. "Oh nothing."

Jimin rolled his eyes then closed to try to sleep until his alarm went off but with his brother in the room, that wasn't going to happen.

"Oh well, since you asked. This is why."

In fact Jimin had not ask and frankly he was not too interested to learn why. His eyes were pried open by the fingers that pulled on his skin. In front of him was held a phone with a picture of two young boys, one being his brother and the other his friend. It was a self portrait of the two, Jihyun was smiling while Jungkook focused his attention elsewhere.

"Very cute, now go away."

Jihyun's brows furrowed, he looked at the screen to find he had shown the wrong image. He held the phone to his brother's eyes again but this time the right thing on display. It was of a map and a blue line that drew itself out to a destination Jimin had never heard of. When asked what it was he was looking at, his brother said the nearest boarding school. He was excited to announce they wouldn't be going far, they could be back in town with an hour long train ride.

"Great isn't it!?"

What would have been great was if Jimin could go back to sleep and if the fifteen year would not be so naive.

"What makes you think we're getting sent there?"

At the question the happiness fell right from the younger's face. He excused himself which made his brother happy once more. Just like his brother's great mood, it lasted only about a minute or two before an alarm went off. Jimin readied for his day and got through it effortlessly. Before he knew it was dismal time and he was sitting in car outside a deli with Jin. They were picking up an order then heading back to the shop to eat. Jimin sat with Jin while the other boy was sent to retrieve their order.

"You seem distant today, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Right and Taehyung's totally not taking long because he's not eating a whole piece of cake."

Confused by the statement Jimin turned his head to look through the glass of the shop. It was true what Jin had made a sarcastic remark of. Taehyung was indeed trying to devour a piece of cake in hurry. He sighed into defeat.

"Let me guess, things didn't go well with Yoongi?"

Jimin didn't say anything but it wasn't like he needed to. He himself didn't know how to describe what had been of their little trip. Jin was like an oracle, he could see right into the future or at least interpret it with some accuracy.

"I warned you but if it makes you feel any better, I didn't stop you completely for a reason."

"What?"

Jin shrugged. "I thought it'd be good for Yoongs, and you too. Seems like you both needed to rekindle whatever was left of a relationship, whether it be friendly or not. Just don't think about it too much 'kay? Now pretend you didn't see him."

At first there was confusion but a few seconds later the door to the back door opened. Taehyung entered complaining that the people had taken so long because their order had not been put to be made. Jin told him it was fine then asked for him to clean the white icing in the corner of his lip. The rest of the way consisted of the three talking about nonsense until they rejoined with their other four friends. Three of the males awaiting attacked the bag while the fourth disappeared. He reappeared when his sandwich was the only left and with a plate in hand. On it rested a piece of meat which he slapped in between the breads. Eyes of a once naive boy fell on the food.

The sandwich didn't make it into the mouth.

"Would you like some?"

Chattering of the others stopped, their attention focused on the two. Jimin was staring fearfully at what lied between the once harmless food. Yoongi was staring at him blankly with the offer. Tension rose and memories of the past replayed in the seven heads.

"I am not hungry anymore."

Jimin set down his own food and walked out the door. He expected to be called back but he wasn't, he was chased. Yoongi grasped his hand to stop him in tracks.

"I'm sorry."

The boy said nothing, he only waited to be let go of.

"If you don't want me to eat it, I won't."

"You're your own person, do as you wish. Now please let go off me."

He was let go of.

"Just come back, for them."

There was a single nanosecond that Jimin wished to scream, curse, and hit the man in front of him before following him back inside where eyes followed him to his seat. No one said anything. They all returned to their conversation that was of Jungkook's newest piercing. Jimin listened in for he had nothing to put in about it except that his brother had the same one which he of course did not say. Half way through the conversation he was joined at his side by Yoongi. The man opened the bread on top for the boy to see the meat that was once there no longer resides. Jimin didn't say anything, he kept his gaze forward and mouth shut.

"Pretty boys should get what they want remember?"

Lips landed on the soft cheek of the seventeen year old. It was quick, now like the beating of his heart.

~'~'~'

Not much going on here but hey new update yay

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}