+++ 03 - MIA PICCOLO ROSSO +++

VITTORIA

I have always been drawn to the mysterious beauty of the sunrise at Akrotiri in Santorini since I first set foot here. Morrigan took me a week after I settled in with them to unwind as she introduced the splendor of Santorini. I fell in love with the island at first sight. It had been a wonderful year ever since I became a part of their family. Now that I am back here for a vacation, I decided to see the sunrise again.

The bright orange hue being reflected on the red sands made the shoreline looked like fire merging with cerulean waters. The quiet calm of the lapping sea water and the mild breeze of the Aegean Sea makes me serene as I look at the horizon where the sun is climbing. Something I haven’t felt for so long.

I would have complimented it as a wondrous sight to behold if my guard weren’t scowling at me. He still had that somnolent look with him and a glower on his face as I had awakened him at four in the morning just to accompany me here. I would have taken off by myself but I know that Nicolo will have my head if I did that. So either he go with me or I leave him at home to incur Nicolo’s wrath. My brother is quite a monster when he gets mad and I don’t want to have myself beheaded yet so both of us don’t have much choice. I glanced at him and cheekily grinned as I pointed to the horizon. He gave me a sigh before offering a thin smile to acknowledge my apology.

I know I shouldn’t have been here but I wanted to see the first rays of the sun shining over this beauty. My guard, Giovanni, trailed after me a few feet away so I can have my privacy. I stopped in the middle of the shore line and looked back at him giving him my earnest smile.

“Do you think it is silly of me to want this shore for myself?” I asked him.

Giovanni turn to me before shrugging his shoulders. “You can always ask Nicolo and he will surely buy this area for you.”

“Nah.” It was a cool morning and I felt the soft sands beneath my naked feet as we continued walking on the shore. I had left my slippers in the car so I was walking barefooted. “This is not my home. I was only thinking of nonsensical things. Besides, that is too much to ask.”

“You are his family. And family comes first.” He responded to my chatter.

“And I will be forever grateful for what he and Morrigan have done. If not for them, I don’t know where I will be now.” I stopped walking and faced the sea letting the morning breeze sway my hair and kiss my face telling me I am still alive and happier than ever.

“They love you as their sister. And all of us also do. You have our support, Angelo.” Giovanni spoke as he stood a feet away from me. I frowned at his pet name. If they only know, I am no angel.

“You know how I hate being called that. I’m no angel.”

“Would you rather Angelo or Piccolo?” He questioned in a teasing tone.

“Urgh! Angelo is fine.” I rolled my eyes at his humor as we continued strolling in the sands.

“Good answer.” Giovanni grinned before asking again. “Do you want some alone time?”

“Yes please.” I was grateful for his thoughtfulness because I wanted to be by myself for a while.

“Alright, I’ll just head over there. I need to catch on my sleep.” He informed me pointing at the small cottage near the tree line. I smiled apologetically at him before continuing my walk.

The early morning sun has risen giving out a marvelous shade of red and yellow tint over the clear waters of the sea. I felt peaceful at the moment only to be shattered by a certain voice. I turned around to see him leaning against a tree. He smiled showing his white teeth and glowing eyes. I raised a brow at him.