+++ 08 - MY FAMILY'S RUIN +++

VITTORIA

I was in my room that morning when he knocked on the door and entered. I smiled as he sauntered to where I am and gave me a peck on the lips before laying down beside me. He pulled me closer and run his hands to my hair making me sleepy. I blushed at his sweet gesture and let myself fall into slumber. We had dinner with my brother that night. My brother watched him all the time he was there and our guards are on high alert. But other than that, it was all quiet and peaceful. He left a few hours later and I went to bed after.

When morning came, pandemonium spread throughout the house. One of our servers crashed last night and some of the files had been stolen. According to Nicolo, those files were important for the business. He had all his techies run diagnosis on the main frame and sub servers to try and detect how and when the crash happened.

I ignored the panic and went to Lucas’ place instead. He took me to his friend who was a bit too nosy on the topic of my family. I answered him the best I could with the important facts withheld. I didn’t thought that he was already asking me questions that may implicate my brother.

That night, Giovanni called me to say that I should stay with Lucas since the techies are still inside the house trying to find the bug. I agreed and told Lucas about it. He knows who my brother is and I told him Nicolo’s line of business. He became a bit too intrusive when it came to my brother. His only explanation was that he had high regards for how my brother was able to become stable at a young age. He said he admire Nicolo’s determination. Something I wasn’t sure I believed but dropped it since he doesn’t looked like the type of man who will put an end to our family. I should have followed my instinct to help my brother in catching the infiltrator. But then, my priority is Lucas. Be with him.

I also remembered there was this one time he left my room to get water. Even though we have housekeepers we can call anytime, he insisted he can do it himself. I didn’t know why it took him 40 minutes to get water but when he returned, he said he got lost. I just laughed at his silliness. He just smiled and tickled me until I surrender.

Another time we were at the house again, Piero found him strolling around the east wing of the manor which he said he found interesting. The last that he did which made Nicolo suspicious about his real identity was when Fabio saw him leaving the private office before going back to my room.

Nicolo told me about what was informed to him by our men but I didn’t believed him. He yelled at me saying that Lucas cannot be trusted but I being someone adoring my beau didn’t believed him. I screamed back and threatened him that I will disown myself and leave the country if he continues to spy on Lucas and insists on him being too suspicious. Nicolo, who didn’t want me to go, accepted it and swore he will not hurt Lucas. He knows how much I like Lucas. He promised he will not do anything to my man. I didn’t told Lucas about it but he noticed how Nicolo became civil with him. He told me he was glad to know that my brother is making an effort. I smiled happily at him knowing that my family is now complete.

We’ve been together for a month now and I learned more about Lucas. We went on multiple dates, lunch outs, road trips, hiking, cliff diving and adventures catered by the island. He had lunch with my brother and even though Nicolo still has apprehension about him, he became civil with Lucas which made me happy.

I never had any inclination that something else is going on. Lucas never acted any different with me. He was still the caring, sweet yet conceited boyfriend I know. I didn’t realize that he will be the very cause of me, my brother and my whole family’s ruin.