+++ 24 - DEVOTION. REVENGE. DEATH. +++

ROSSO

Me, Romanov and Jedidiah huddled in my private office to talk about Sovran since the other bosses are now dead and Federico has been branded traitor. We were in the middle of our talk when Lucas barged inside followed by Giovanni, Piero and Fabio.

“What is Giovanni telling me? I will not leave.” He yelled his anger at me. I know that he wanted to help but the least he knows, the longer he survives.

“This is not your fight, Lucas.” I explained. “Lennard will attack us if his son dies in a war not his own.”

“My father doesn’t care if I die just to get what he wants. I will mostly likely die there if I return. I already told you, I am here to help.”

I shook my head certain of my decision. “I don’t want you to be my savior. I don’t need one. I can draw out my own claws just perfectly fine.”

“I won’t let you get hurt.” He insisted.

I was about to respond when Romanov spoke. “I think you need to discuss this privately. We will leave but return after an hour. Fix this, Vittoria. We don’t want you out of your head when he attacks again.”

“Whatever you say, Romanov.”

“Forget the past and forgive his wrongdoings.” Jedidiah reminded me before closing the door. “Trust your instinct. Listen to it. Your heart may have been too jaded to understand what is happening, your mind may have been too misted to show you the reality but your gut will always give you what you know is worthy. Have faith in it and you can never go wrong.”

I stared at the door where Jedidiah and Romanov left for a full minute before looking back at Lucas who didn’t even move an inch. We were face to face with only a few inches away from each other. Giovanni eyes us with amusement while Piero and Fabio stares at Lucas with disgust still not forgetting what he did in the past. Giovanni coughed to dispel the heavy air from our stare down as Lucas stepped back to give me space but he didn’t leave his eyes on me. I stared back at him without any emotion on my face.

“Why do I have to leave?” He asked again.

I turned my back on him and walked to the window. “Because you are not even supposed to be here. Now that I have a war in my hands, I only need the people I trust and you are definitely not a part of the list.”

He flung his arms in the air as he huffed. “Can’t you let go of that one? I already asked for forgiveness. What more do you want?”

“Leave and never show your face again.” I spoke in a cold tone and with a remorseless face.

Silence befall on us before he broke it. “Why don’t you just kill me? You have the gun. Why don’t you pull the trigger and shoot me?”

“Because that will not suffice. I want you to suffer the same way as how I did when you killed my family. You are the reason they are no longer here. If you didn’t meddle with us, we will still be together. Do you even know that it was the last raid my brother would have done before he gives his position to Federico? But you had him arrested and imprisoned. What a noble thing to do!” I scoffed before staring him in the eye with a dismayed look.

He frowned confused at my accusation. “I didn’t kill him. I didn’t even know he died there or how. I didn’t even know what happened to Morrigan. I left the country right after I found you gone.”

“Yes, you didn’t kill him yourself but you are the reason he was sent to prison. You had a hand on what happened to him. And your father was the reason he and Morrigan died. You lying asshole!” I screamed at him but he stood still and looked at me with eyes that asked forgiveness.