+++ 25 - ONE WAY TICKET TO HELL +++

ROSSO

Romanov left right after our discussion because of some concerns in his own mafia. Jedidiah also went back to his mob a little later when his second-in-command called him. I thank them for their help before but I didn’t let them join my war any longer. They are not part of it and I don’t want them to get in trouble for assisting me.

The last straw was drawn. This is the final battle for the position of the Sicilian Don. Our infiltrator called us a while ago to snitch where Federico is hiding out. I round up my men in front of my estate and gave orders. We will not wait for them to attack, instead we will be the one to strike back. As soon as we settled on our vehicles, we immediately drove off to our destination with 4 Hummer, 2 Escalade, 3 Captiva, 6 Benelli bikes and 3 Ducati. I rode my Panigale with Giovanni and Piero on their own Ducati flanking me. Signaling them for the turn, we stopped in front of an old warehouse at an abandoned shipyard.

I stood tall in front of my people and spoke in a determined voice. “You have seen the destruction these traitors brought to our land. Sovran will no longer tolerate this impudence. We are not to be messed with and we will show them what the true Sovran wolves are really made of. Federico and his people will be punished for the crimes they committed by the laws of Sovran. He became greedy for power. He destroyed Morrigan’s mob. He sold Nicolo to Lennard and the police. He is no longer your Consiglieri. He is our enemy. So load up, men. We are not here to negotiate. We are here to give them the justice we so richly deserve. For Nicolo and Morrigan.”

“For Sovran.” They chorused before getting in position.

“Giovanni, take your men to the left. Piero, on the right. Fabio, scout the rear. Vincent, Hector, Rupert and the rest  with me. Handle the remaining men but leave Federico to me. I will personally deal with him.” I gave my order.

“Yes, La Riggina.” My men nodded with unwavering gazes and as resolute as I am before following my command.

We took our weapons and ammunitions as we ready to barge inside. Heaving a deep breath, I nodded at my people then walked to the main door. Federico’s men would have seen us now and I know that they will think I am foolish to come here alone. I know they will not shoot because they still need me alive. Being the Don made me important because they needed my signature for the transfer of position. We might have dealt with illegal stuffs but we still abide by our own laws. One of them is that a Don can only take over if the previous Don signs the paper releasing their position to the new one. Otherwise, the other Dons will not acknowledge anyone and those allied to that particular mob can seize it.

The loud screech the door made, when we slide it to the sides to make entrance, echoed throughout the warehouse. Focusing my eyes at the middle, there stood Federico with his people surrounding him. His constant smirk began to irritate me as I watchfully tread towards him. When I saw what is behind his back I realized we are doomed. We entered in and had fallen into his trap. Federico saw my displeasure at his ruse.

“I see you already realized what you just walked into, Don.” He spoke mocking my title. “I know you inside out. I know what you think, what you plan, what you will do. I wouldn’t be your adviser if I cannot read you like the palm of my hands. So let’s not waste our time. You, in exchange for the lives of your people.” He motioned the men with me before stepping aside to reveal his upper hand. “And his.”

“I will not give you what you do not deserve, Federico. You are not worthy of my position. You murdered my brother and sister. You tried to destroy my mob. What more do you want from us?”

“All I want is something that is rightfully mine. Nicolo hindered me from taking over and instead, he transferred the title to you. I don’t get what he was thinking but you are not fit to be the Don. You are just a woman.” He spitefully discriminated me in front of my men. How dare him!

“But this woman is the one who made Sovran gain back its glory. This woman in front of you is the one who rebuilt it from its crumbling ground. This woman you spite is the leader of Sovran. You do not stand a chance.”

“Let’s stop the word war. All I want is for you to sign the paper and let me have what is rightfully mine. Then I can  think about you letting you go alive.”

“I will never relinquish my position. Especially over you.”

“Then you just brought yourself a one way ticket to Hell.”

“I’ll take you with me if I have to.” As soon as I said that, I raised my gun and fired in succession.

Then pandemonium erupted. Everyone took cover as each of us wielded our weapons and barraged each other with bullets. I saw Federico took a bounded Lucas to the other side of the warehouse, most probably to escape the mayhem. I dodged the bullet showers as I hid behind the steel crates before crawling near the other side to follow them. Giovanni, Fabio and Piero, together with their men, appeared on all corner surrounding the enemies as they relentlessly tried to shoot at us. They knew they were trapped and will not be able to escape but still continued to attack my men. I decided to leave them to my sentries’ care for I know they will not be forgiven easily. Just this once, I am going to let them enjoy and have fun in this game.

I, on the other hand, followed the two as they exited the warehouse unseen. I cannot let them escape. Not with Lucas as a hostage. I just don’t know why he was not fighting back. He can subdue Federico but he wasn’t even trying to break out. Federico run to one of the idling black vans in the parking lot dragging an unstable Lucas. I was about to shoot Federico when I saw who stepped out of the unmarked vehicle. The noise from inside the warehouse produced by the symphony of gunshots fired faded away as I slipped into memories I contained long enough it had consumed me.

Lennard Karadja.

The man I abhor other than Federico. The one who ordered the murder of Nicolo in prison. The one who helped Federico with Morrigan’s crash. The one who never saw Lucas as a son but a pawn. The person I will never forgive. My hunger for vengeance consumed all of me. My mind screaming madness. My body craving for the blood of these people who created the monster in me. My eyes blazed with strong ferocity I always had. They are going to pay. For everything. And the vicious and feral wolf within me will have so much fun with it.

++++++

LUCAS

I didn’t know how I ended up here in this warehouse with Federico’s men dragging me around. All I remember was when we arrived at the tarmac and I stepped out of the car, several men with masks mobbed us. We tried to fight them off but they hit me at the back of my neck making me unconscious. Next thing I remember is waking up here in the dim lit warehouse with Federico punching me. I could easily hit him back but something is wrong with my body and I was tightly bound. I was sluggish and dizzy. I think I was drugged by something that I cannot control most of my movements.

We were here for a few hours with me tied on a chair. I overheard Federico rounding up his men and ordering them to get ready because the Don will definitely strike back. That was when I saw her confidently marching towards us with her men flanking her sides. Due to my mind still muddled because of the drug they induced me with, I cannot fully comprehend what they are talking about. Then, everything turned upside down.

Pandemonium surrounded us as volleys of bullets ricocheted around. Federico dragged me to the back and outside the parking lot as we run towards the idling black van. The door opened and there stepped out of the vehicle the person I never thought I will see here.

My father.

Only one things comes to my mind: What the hell is he doing here? In the very land of the people he murdered?