+++ 10 - POINT OF NO RETURN +++

VITTORIA

Lucas called me the following morning after we cleaned up our server. He said he wanted to go out with me. I agreed willingly and told him to come pick me up early morning. Nicolo and Morrigan left to go to the headquarters to retrieve the rest of the files so right now I am sitting at the porch with Giovanni watching me from afar. His voice echoes as he asks if I am alright through my earpiece. I assured him I am perfectly well and that he doesn’t need to follow us too closely. He was about to respond when we saw Lucas’ gorgeous black Mclaren driving through the driveway. I stand up and waited for him to stop.

I have a mission today and I needed to make certain that I am properly dressed for the occasion. I’m wearing my favorite leather skintight jeans paired with a white body fit muscle shirt topped with my black leather jacket and black combat boots. I looked like a woman born dark and wild. I felt like I am a woman bred to be devious and cunning. Last night changed me into someone nobody thought of. They will soon witness who I really am. I am a woman raised by an Arcadi and a Kostas, the family with the crest of the wolves. The pack I swore to love and protect. I am a woman no one should be messing up with.

I stayed standing at the bottom of the steps waiting for Lucas to greet me. He walked towards me and gave his infamous gorgeous smile. I return one too sweet it was so sickening before pecking him on the lips. He surveyed me and checked my outfit before grinning.

“The badass girl style looks better on you than the sweet sassy one. So beautiful.” He complimented me while eyeing my outfit but the look on his eyes told me he was worried about something else and then there was a glimpse of an unknown emotion I saw. I disregarded everything and focused on him and now.

“Thank you. I like the outfit so might as well wear it. Besides, it fits the occasion.” I responded with a charming smile even though my eyes showed shrewdness.

“So what is the occasion?” I knew Lucas suspected something but didn’t bother saying it out loud.

“We’re going on a date! That makes me happy. Can’t it be an occasion?” I asked as we get inside the vehicle. Lucas opened the passenger door for me to get in before going over and settling down on the driver side.

He turn his head towards me and smile as he revved up the sports car and speeding away from the manor. “If you say so, Mia Piccolo Rosso.” He answered teasing me with his pet name for me.

My lips turn up in a sneer-like grin as I gave him a fair warning. “I’ll let that one slide but call me little again and I will surely show you what the word little really means.”

“Alright. Whatever you say. Shall we?” He replied thinking that I was only joking.

Well, I am not. “Where are we going anyway?”

“Somewhere.” He said without explanation. I shrugged my shoulders and settled down before looking at the road.

Lucas is navigating through the motorway while I stayed quiet but alert. He appeared a bit worried about something since we left the house. He kept checking his phone every 5 minutes and watching me when he thinks I am not aware. I recognized the road we are taking and it is definitely not somewhere we can go on a date with. In fact, he is taking me to the very place I should steer away from. His house.

I looked at him with my eyes blazing in fire with anger before asking him the dreaded question. “Where exactly are you taking me, Lucas?”

He didn’t answer for a few minutes before glancing at me with an impassive look. “We need to go to somewhere on the other side of this state. You are not safe in that house. I just want to guarantee you are safeguarded before the plan begins.”