+++ 07 - ARCADI'S ANGELO +++

LUCAS

When I first met Vittoria, I knew that she will be a big part of me. I first thought she was a goody-two-shoes but when I got to know her, I soon realized she is everything but. She is an enigmatic woman. Simple yet frank, charming and mysterious. I am always anticipating what she will do next.

She is a beautiful change in my life. With the job I am currently on right now, she became my succor. Whenever I am with her, I let go of everything and just focuses on her. I may have just met her few days ago but she already imprinted herself on me that I had to make her mine. I realized I am becoming possessive over her knowing that others will be attracted to her as well which cannot happen.

She has this unexplainable beauty inside out. She is an angel, a devil and everything in between. She is bad as bad can get and good as good can be. Every time I gaze upon her exquisiteness, I want to be drowned in her bright bluish gray eyes and brush my hands on her soft, long black locks. She is a perfect match for me. I have this unknown emotion whenever I gaze at her. It’s like I am being pulled into her and I do not deny the feeling.

I had always been attracted to her. I first saw her sitting on the hammock near the beach. I was not supposed to surprise her that time but I was hiding from some men who found me scouting their place. Truth is, I am the son of the 2nd mafia boss here. The mob ruling all over Greece is the Skotádi. Only a handful knows about me and those are the only people we trusted. My father didn’t mention me in any of his dealings or allied gangs. No one even knew he had a son. I am the heir of Karatzas and if others learned about me, my father feared I might be assassinated so he sent me away. Actually, he just doesn’t want me killed because he will not have an heir to pass his mob to. But when he received an anonymous tip about Skotádi, he called me in and requested for help. He wanted me to infiltrate Skotádi and investigate if the tip we got is accurate but I couldn’t get caught or else we are going to have a bloody war between 2 gangs. According to the Intel we got, they are shipping in the newest form of drugs from Columbia and we need to find out when it will arrive here. If they got a hold of the shipment and distribute it, their power will increase and they can conquer all the other mobs which cannot happen.

My father wanted to control the Greek mafia so we needed to end them at all cost. I wouldn’t do it if not for his pleas. He said I was the only one he trusted and besides, no one will recognize me. I was not supposed to tell Vittoria my last name but I couldn’t. I felt I needed to be honest with her. And yet, I didn’t told her about my association with my father’s gang. I wanted to but because I am still on a case and for both our safety, I didn’t revealed anything to her. She is it for me so I have to make sure she is not harmed in any way. I have decided that I will tell her who I really am after this case.

Well, that was before I learned who she really is.

I have met her brother when I took her out a few nights ago. He seemed familiar to me that night but I can’t remember where I have seen his face, especially with the low lighting at that time. I left after making sure she is okay. I remembered she mentioned that he is a businessman but with the amount of men surrounding the estate, he is either very influential or someone who had a lot to keep. I wouldn’t assume anything however I found out that someone was investigating me. I don’t know who it is so I asked help from our tech team but they couldn’t find who it was trying to log into my records. My doubt about Nicolo grew when Vittoria told me her brother doesn’t tell her much about his business. She only knows that he is in the textile trade. It was also confirmed when one of the tech boys gave me a file they had from way back. As soon as I got it, my heart sank. I saw his photo in my father’s office when he talked to me. That is why her brother looked familiar. My little red is related to my current assignment. She is the adopted younger sibling of the disreputable Skotádi leader. She is the sister of Nicolo Arcadi, the Greek mafia Don. Come to think of it, I never knew her surname. She didn’t told me and I forgot to ask her about it.

I was torn between my duty and my heart. I don’t want to hurt her but if I don’t stop Nicolo, his mob will continue. We assumed the Kostas family will be disbanded when Demetrio Kostas died. My father believed that he will become the newest Greek Don but Demetrio did something we never thought he would do. We found out about what he did a little too late. He already transferred his command to his son-in-law. Nicolo Arcadi emerged as the lethal and ruthless mob lord in Greece known as ‘The King’.

Vittoria doesn’t seem to know about his real business. She is so naïve and simple that she accepted whatever they told her. She took in everything they said to her without a doubt. She appeared too innocent with the ways of the world and I wanted to keep her that way but I had to let her go because I know that it will be me who will destroy the family she sought after a long time. I know she will hate me and I will accept it but I won’t let her become a part of Nicolo’s mob. She is too good to be amongst those kind of people.

I’m sorry, Mia Piccolo Rosso, for what I’m about to do. Forgive me, Glykiá Mou, for what I will put you through. Hate me, Agápi Mou, but I won’t let you go down with them.