+++ 06 - MARKED. BRANDED. CLAIMED. +++

VITTORIA

After exploring Imerovigli, we went back to Akrotiri for dinner. We had a great time together. I realized he is not that bad. Quite charismatic with a hint of smugness and knows how to please a woman but still a gentleman. I was worried earlier that this day will not end well but it seems like it did.

Lucas walked me to my house after parking his car on the driveway. Before I open the door, I turn around to thank him for touring me around but didn’t realize that he was right behind me. I bumped onto his shoulders and unconsciously stepped back only to be held tight on my waist. He looked down on me with an amused glint in his eyes and his signature smile.

Here goes the butterflies again.

“Oopps! Sorry.” I stepped back to ease my nerves.

He must’ve sensed my tension that he teased me all the while not letting go of me. “I have no problem with you this near.”

“Cocky much?” I countered with a raised brow and smug look. I didn’t move anymore since I actually liked the position and I don’t want him to think he can affect me that much.

“No. Just telling the truth.”

“So,” I started. “Thanks for taking me out. I had a great time.”

“I hope this won’t be the last.”

“Depends.”

“We’ll see then.”

He looked me in the eye with that unknown emotion I couldn’t pinpoint before leaning down on me. With my small frame, I had to tiptoe to reach his height. I didn’t know what made me pull myself up, but I found myself tipping my chin towards his face as he bends down and swoop me in. My arms automatically reached for his neck as he pulled me closer to him by my waist. I had kissed a few boys during my freshman year in college but never had I felt this intensity before. This kiss told me it wasn’t just because of the moment. It told me this is what we both wanted. It was a claiming on both our side.

Searing. Scorching. Passionate. Mind-shattering. Marked. I burned with his kiss. Branded by him. Claimed as his and no-one else.

I knew this is too much too soon but I couldn’t, for the life of me, stop him. It was like I am enticed to follow his lead. And I didn’t deny him of anything. We ended gasping for air as our foreheads touched and we stare at each other in the eyes.

“I had wanted to ask you this since earlier. I just couldn’t find the right time.” He said after a while.

“What is it?” I whispered. Our breaths blending together.

“I know that you had the worst impression of me since we met. I am really sorry for that. I just couldn’t stop myself from pestering you to get your attention. And I am thankful that you let me. We may have only met quite a few days but I already know what I feel about you.” He breathed in as if getting courage for what he is about to say. “Vittoria, Agápi Mou, will you go out with me?” He asked while gazing at me in the eye trying to tell me what he really means.

I was too shocked at what he just said so I only eyed him, dumbstruck at his question. It took me a good 2 minutes before I grasped that he needed his answer. “Why me? We only met less than a week ago. We don’t know each other well. We-“

“I know. That is why I want to be get to know you better. I have come to a conclusion about my feelings and I want to be with the person that makes me happy.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Will you be my girl?”

I looked him in the eye trying to see the truth in his words and seeing him determined, I smiled knowing that what I’m about to say will change the course of our lives. “Yes.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Thank you!” He had a wide smile on his face as he lifted me up and spun me around, me holding onto his shoulders for support. When he put me down, he hug me tight and gave me a kiss filled with emotions. I smiled dazed at what just happened but happy because he is happy with me.

Our joyful moment got interrupted by the front door opening. There stood inside with grim looks were my brother and bodyguard.

“It’s way past your curfew, Angelo.” Nicolo interrogated glaring at Lucas. “And who is he?”

“Lucas, this is my brother, Nicolo. Fratello, this is Lucas, Mio Amate.” I introduced them to chase away the tension building around us.

“What!?”

“My boyfriend.” I stated with an eye roll. I would’ve laughed at his exaggerated yell if not for the murderous look on his face.

“When in the hell did you get together? Just days ago you were annoyed at him and now you are his girl?” Giovanni demanded while fuming mad. He was blatantly looking at Lucas with laser like eyes.

My brother and guard are blowing this out of proportion. They are overly exaggerating men who are currently aggravating me with their melodramatics. I’m old enough to know what is right and wrong. They are embarrassing me especially with my beau standing here watching them with curiosity and amusement.