+++ 26 - RUINATION. UNDOING. GAME OVER. +++

ROSSO

I walked calmly towards the van. My legs, wrapped in black leather pants, sauntered at them as my booted heels made a sound announcing my arrival to the people I am glaring at now. The muscles on my leather jacket felt taut and tense as I clutched my gun tightly with my fingerless gloved hand. I just realized that Lucas is more or less drugged because of the way his shoulders hunched and he is leaning slightly at Federico. Lennard stared at me with caution because of the gun in my hand. Federico glared at me as he tried to upright Lucas while pointing the gun on his head. They all stared with different expressions. Lennard annoyed at me still alive. Federico with lust and avarice. Lucas looking worried.

“Let him go. I am the one you need. I will go with you if you leave him be.” I stated with an icy voice and cold-blooded look on my face.

“Are you bargaining your life for this moron?” Federico snapped as he dragged Lucas before him. “Sign the papers first then we will let him go.”

“You let him go, then I sign the paper.” I insisted stalling the situation.

“No. You better sign the papers first before anything. We don’t know what you can do.” Lennard butted in as he produced a folder form his suit and walked arrogantly towards me.

He handed me the folder and pen, waiting for me to do what they wanted. I sighed long and deep before taking his pen and signing. As soon as I am done, he snatched the folder from my hand and smacked me so hard I dropped to the ground with a wince. The sting of his ringed finger on my face snapped the last remnant of my patience making the Red Beast in me claw its way to the surface. My gloved hand held my gun tightly as my eyes focused on him before turning my head towards Federico and Lucas.

All their men are outside watching but alert for any signs of unexpected movement. I caught eyes with Lucas who now appeared to be coherent enough to understand the situation. He subtly nodded his head towards Federico and motioned his eyes on the gun. He wanted me to shoot my traitorous adviser the minute he pushed the gun away his head.

Risky, yes. But he trusted me with his life so I subtly tilted my head to the side to acknowledge him. He continued to gravitate himself towards Federico while I slowly stood back up and faced Lennard who had a zealot look on his face as he examined my signature over the paper.

When his face turned red with anger, I knew he finally realized what I put on the paper. The words ‘Fuck off!’ was written in bold at the part where I was supposed to sign it. He turned to me with burning eyes as he raised his hand to smack me again. Prepared for his movement, I stepped back and roundhouse kicked his leg making him fall to the ground with a grunt. Using the stunned reaction everyone has, I pulled his head back and grappled his neck before using him as a shield while facing us towards the enemy as my hand flicked in the air and my fingers pulled the trigger.

Everything happened in a snap of a finger. After the adrenaline subsided, I found Federico on the ground while Lucas is slowly walking towards me with the gun he took from Federico pointing at me. I found myself feeling the heavy weight of Lennard on me so I pushed him aside. That was when I saw the blood on his chest and realized that when Lucas pushed Federico, he took the gun and shot his father on the chest. His eyes held no remorse as he stare at the dead body before looking at me with worry. The men returned to their senses after minutes of being in shock and now had their guns pointing at Lucas. I breathed in calmly before 5 shots echoed in the dark night as the men’s bodies fall to the ground. Lucas and Federico gaped at me wide eyed at the stunt I pulled. It was all in the blink of an eye and they didn’t comprehend  what happened until they saw me with my hands aimed at the men. Federico used this to his advantage. He kicked the gun away from Lucas while pulling the blade on his back holster and pressing it on Lucas’ neck. I continued to aim my gun at them as I walk nearer while Federico moves backward dragging Lucas with him. Knowing that the enemy can slice his neck easily, Lucas didn’t try to escape. I tried to find a weak spot but his body was pressed proportionally with Lucas making it hard for me to even graze his skin without injuring my man.