Chapter 2: The Gathering

The night passed with nothing notable happening and soon, it was already the dawn of the next day. Feng Lei spent the whole night recollecting his memories of the novel in order to prepare for what will happen and hardly got a wink of sleep.

From what I can remember, Feng Lei is an arrogant young master has been hailed as one of the top geniuses in the Immortal Realm, possessing the Millennial Yin Constitution that extremely rarely appears on males. Due to his innate constitution possessing feminine traits, his physical appearance turned somewhat androgynous and can often be mistaken as a girl. This lead him to be teased by some clan members and other clan's scions which later, twisted his personality.

Well, that doesn't matter now since I am the one in control of his body. I'll make sure to not make the same mistakes that he did. In the end, everything will start with this gathering. Let's just hope nothing goes wrong.

Knock. Knock.

"Who is it?" Being disturbed from his thoughts, Feng Lei instinctively brought up his guard. "It's Xiao Ai, gongzi (Young master). I will serve as you're guide for the gathering. "Wait for me to change my clothes, then, we'll go." He said after confirming that there is indeed a servant named Xiao Ai from the novel.

"Lei-gongzi, this servant has heard that the patriarch will be presiding over the gathering this time, unlike last year and the year before." Xiao Ai reported submissively as Feng Lei exited his room wearing a clean set of black taoist robes with silver threads along the sleeves.

"Father? Why did he suddenly decide to personally attend to this matter? Isn't a single clan elder enough for presiding over this gathering? What makes this time so different?" Feng Lei asked curiously.

"Lei-gongzi, according to the rumours that this servant has heard, the chances of a divine constitution appearing amongst your generation is particularly high. Since this rumour has spread amongst the servants, it is unlikely that the patriarch hasn't caught wind of it yet. Considering the rarity of a divine constitution, the patriarch probably couldn't contain himself and had to take a look." Xiao Ai explained with a look of reverence on her dainty face whenever she mentioned the patriarch and divine constitution.

"Ah, is that so? Then I'll take your word for that." Feng Lei responded indifferently, appearing to be distracted.

Although that reason seems plausible, I can't shake the feeling that there is more to it than that. Since this part was only introduced to the novel in one to two sentences, the details of what will happen here is unknown. I cannot make any careless actions and expose myself. Perhaps I will know when the time comes. For now, my priority is to keep my head placed on my neck.