Chapter 15: The Mortal Realm

"Young master, you seem to be preoccupied today. What bothers your thoughts, I ask, my young lord?" Du Qiang asked in a gallant tone as he sat on a chair opposite of Feng Lei.

"Stop it, MoXie. We're outside." Feng Lei said, calling him by his nickname weather than his real one.

"MoXie, huh? How nostalgic. It reminds me of that fateful day half a year ago when you gave me that name as the proof of my eternal loyalty, my lord. Ah, such fond memories!" Du Qiang sighed in an exaggerated way.

It does bring back memories... Of when this guy was still considered quite decent. Just what the heck happened to that cute and obedient kid?

But...he kind of gives me that rogue bandit feel now.

"...Can you tone it down now, MoXie? We're in a restaurant, after all." Feng Lei sighed, feeling uncomfortable from the stares they were receiving from the people around them, especially since they weren't supposed to be outside in the first place.

"Um... What would you like to order, sirs?" A petite girl wearing a simple qipao asked them nervously, feeling intimidated by the aura the two children unconsciously emitted, letting the people around them know that they are no simple characters."Oh. I'll have some Kung Pao chicken. MoXie?"

"I'll have the same." Du Qiang said indifferently, not even sparing the girl a glance and instead, focused on Feng Lei.

"...what."

"Ah, it's nothing, my oh-so magnificent lord. It's just that, according to Note #26, you prefer eating simple food such as congee and the like. I was just wondering what made you want to eat Kung Pao today." Du Qiang asked, his eyes sparked with excessive curiosity.

"...you're still taking notes on me?" Feng Lei asked hesitantly, appearing to be extremely creeped out. Not noticing this, Du Qiang replied with fervour. "Yes, of course, my dashing lord! And I've also memorised them all by heart!"

"...oh. To answer your previous question, I just felt like a change every now and then would be good." Feng Lei said softly.

"Note...# 107... A change...is..good sometimes..." Du Qiang mumbled as he wrote down notes into a small notebook that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

With his face full of black lines, Feng Lei began eating the food which was hurriedly placed onto their table by a very nervous waitress in silence, completely ignoring Du Qiang's existence.