Chapter 24: Ice Demon? Black-Belly Ice Demon!

Shortly after seeing both Yang and Moxie pass the admission test, Feng Lei finally let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Whoo! That was so cool, wasn't it, Feng-gongzi? Knowing that those people will soon be our fellow sect disciples sure does make ones body tingle in excitement! What do you think, Feng gongzi? ..,Feng gongzi?" Tianbei turned around and saw Feng Lei standing up at walking towards the edge of the viewing platform.

"Feng gongzi, what are-" Clueless about what Feng Lei was planning to do, Tianbei was just about to ask she Feng Lei suddenly jumped down and plummeted straight towards the ground which was nearly three stories in height. "Feng gongzi?!"

Contrary to what one might expect, Feng Lei actually landed neatly on both feet and even dusted the imaginary dust off of his shoulders as if nothing had happened, which surprised most of the people currently at the arena as they had witnessed the entire thing happen in front of their eyes. The only thing giving away that something in fact had happened was the young boy leaning dangerously off the viewing platform's rails, asking loudly if the boy who jumped off was fine.

Suddenly, silence enveloped the previously loud arena as people began to realize who both of the young boys were as they looked closer. It took another moment before hushed whispers spread around, with people gossiping with each other in excitement.

As if he didn't notice the people around him, Feng Lei began walking towards the place where the children who passed the assessment stood at in a leisurely pace. Unknowingly, the untouchable aura he exuded, along with the faint chill coming from his body, spread towards the nearby people, making them unconsciously make way for him as he walked.

"Hey, isn't that the rumored Ice Demon from the Feng clan?" A young maiden asked the lad standing beside her as Feng Lei walked past. "You mean the youngest to have been taken in by the emperor? The one who made the entire court shut up in his first presentation?! That prodigy?!" The lad exclaimed in excitement. "Shh!!!"

Pretending as if he hadn't heard anything, Feng Lei continued on his way.

Ice demon, was it? How accurate.

[It would be even more accurate if they added black-belly to it. Then it would become Black-belly Ice Demon which is just perfect for you.]

Fuck you.

[I know. I would fuck me too but, I'm not bent. Sorry.]

You don't even have genitals!

"Psh! What prodigy? Those are probably just rumors the Feng clan spread around for their own convenience! For all I know, even his recommendation letter was most likely just obtained through connections. You really can't trust anything those vile nobles do nowadays." A dark haired boy spoke from the crowd, not even trying to conceal the disdain he felt towards Feng Lei, or to be exact, all of the nobles.

"Brother, don't-" A young girl with seven to eight points of similarity with the boy tried to stop him but was cut off.

"Don't what? I'm not wrong! Don't tell me I can't even speak out else I'll be killed?!" Hearing the words the boy said, many of the nobles that attended the assessment or were watching from the sidelines underwent varying changes in complexions, wanting to teach the boy a lesson but were unable to due to the presence of the academy instructors.

The only noble who was able to stay calm at the moment was none other than Feng Lei who, ironically, was the main focus of the boy's mocking.

Feng Lei paused his steps and glanced at the boy. "You are...?" He asked calmly. "Wu Jie! My name is Wu Jie! You better remember it, noble!" The boy replied in a steadfast manner despite being surprised for a moment.