Chapter 20: The Hero Awakens

After being continuously injured by Feng Lei's and Yang's combined attacks as well as being forced to trigger the numerous bombs hidden under the ground, the man was finally exhausted to the point that even lifting a single finger seemed like an arduous task. "You bastards..."

"Yeah, yeah. We get it! Feng clan, you bastards! Feng Lei, you bastard! Bastard this, bastards that! Seriously! Can't you change your script a little?! Why can't you say better things like 'I surrender' or 'Feng Lei, you're awesome' or even better, 'Ancestor Feng Lei, please discipline me'?" Feng Lei quipped rather gruffly, making Yang's eyes glimmer in a malicious light when he heard the last part, determined to murder the man suddenly.

"As if I would!" The man roared valiantly despite his awful complexion. "I have pledged using my soul that I would fight against the vile Feng clan until the day I perish."

"Heh... Then I might say that the time is awfully close." Feng Lei smirked. "Tell us where you hid the eye and we'll leave you with an intact corpse."

"Hahaha!!! You're already too late! The eye is no longer in my possession! You Feng clan bastards will no longer be able to find it!" The man shouted, laughing hysterically.

Feeling annoyed at the man's loud laughing, golden fire suddenly shot out from Yang's fingertips and headed straight towards the man from his place ten meters away.

"Aarghh!!! What is this fire?!" The man suddenly screamed shrilly, rolling on the ground to try to put out the fire. "It doesn't go away!!!"

Meanwhile, as the man was screaming in pain, his face pale and ghastly as though he was being tortured, Feng Lei was busy trying to comprehend the man's words.

It's no longer in his possession? What does he mean by that? Surely he wouldn't be as stupid as hiding it away somewhere while knowing that his every movement is being tracked by the shadow guards, is he?

His circumstances also makes it obvious that he doesn't have any companions that can help him on this realm.

Then, that means he's either lying or...

Just as Feng Lei was about to draw out a conclusion, a sudden explosion from within the ruins sounded out, making everyone turn their heads to its direction in surprise.

With his sharp vision that he acquired from constant training with the bow, Feng Lei immediately traced the cause of the explosion, coming across Xianliang's kneeling body which was brightly glowing in a white halo.

With his teeth grit, Feng Lei's expression turned grim.

Shit.

This wasn't supposed to happen!