Chapter 10: The Havoc and The Revolution

"Second-chief!" A man wearing dark clothes that covered his whole body yelled as he arrived on horseback at the outer part of the city walls.

"Halt! State your code and the reason you came here for." Another man wearing sturdy armor and seemed to be the captain of guards stationed at the wall ordered, immediately recognizing that the man who just arrived was part of the underground rebellion group.

"Second-chief, I just received orders from the head chief to relay you this message. Plan 'Hit and Run' is a go!" The covered man said and quickly left after he relayed the message.

"I see. I see. You heard him, boys! Light up the Minivan!" The second-chief yelled, his words sounding a bit awkward, making it obvious that he wasn't used to saying foreign words. It truly makes one wonder where he got the words 'Hit and Run' and 'minivan' from as those words were obviously not Chinese.

Moments later, sounds of explosions and destruction filled the air as cries of panic and confusion were heard from inside the city walls.

Inside his room at the imperial palace, Feng Lei halted his cultivation, having heard of the sounds from outside the city wall despite being miles away

Oh? How unexpected.

[You should have already known that this would happen at a certain point of time.]

Feng Lei smiled lightly and gazed toward the direction where the sounds from, looking out from his room's open window.

The situation was as expected. What was unexpected was the timing. It's all wrong.

[Hurhur. I'll give you a hint. You're not the only one.]

Hmm? It's a tad bit confusing but I'll figure it out soon. Very soon.

Feng Lei relaxed and once again closed his eyes, continuing his cultivation, trying to decipher the hidden truths within the Demon God's Blood Scriptures.

He guided his consciousness towards his dantian where he saw a dark mass that seemed to be swallowing his spiritual energy.

But other than the side of his lip twitching a little, he seemed rather unfazed by the situation.

Go on. Eat more, you little bitch. Soon you'll be the one that will be devoured by me.