Chapter 22: Title Unlocked

Extremely late but here's something.

The rattling of chains resounded throughout the entirety of the chamber

The rattling of chains resounded throughout the entirety of the chamber. Occasionally, the faint  sizzling of freshly transferred potion could also be heard along with the sound of scribblings on a rough parchment.

"How is it?" The patriarch asked curiously, his gaze landing in the figure of a child submerged in greenish transparent liquid.

"His condition seems to have become stabilized compared to a week ago but, further observations are needed. The thousand poisons potion that he is being soaked in is currently at the state of destroying and reforming his whole body. Any form of disturbance may cause the poison to rebound and kill the young master. We need more or less, a month, in order to fully stabilize his body." A shrewd-looking elderly man said as he glanced at the patriarch, while a teenager who seemed to be his assistant was scribbling everything he said on a parchment.

From inside the transparent glass container that he was placed in, Feng Lei opened his eyes and observed his new surroundings, taking in the viscous, green liquid which he was submerged in. As he tried to weakly move his arms, he was suddenly engulfed in piercing pain which started from his dantian and spread across his whole body, nearly sending him back to the realm of unconsciousness.

Unknowingly, his faint struggling due to the pain, caused the chains that bound his body in place to rattle, attracting the attention of all the people currently in the chamber.

"Aiya, he seems to have awoken." The elderly man, who seemed to be an alchemist, said with incredulity. Suddenly, a man who seemed to be the alchemist's subordinate, exclaimed in a surprised voice, "Grandmaster Zhou! The potion is reacting! The amount being absorbed in the body is rising extremely quickly!"

"What?! Get out of the way!" The alchemist flicked his sleeves, which caused his subordinate to be pushed away by an unseen force. He focused his attention towards the softly glowing runes covering the glass container and steadily recited incantations under his breath. Not long after, his eyes flew open in surprise. "Unprecedented! Such a thing! And here, of all places! Kukuku!!!"

"What does that mean? What is happening to my son?!" The patriarch asked tensely, grabbing onto the collar of the alchemist's robes. Seemingly unperturbed by the patriarch's actions, the alchemist muttered to himself. "Kukuku?! How rare it is to find such an astounding occurrence! Of all my years of studying and creating all kinds of potions and panaceas, this has been by far the closest specimen to approach the realm of perfect compatibility! Kuku!!"

"Grandmaster Zhou! Please explain clearly what is happening to Feng Lei!" The patriarch said anxiously as he began noticing the speed in which the potion was being absorbed inside his son's body.

The alchemist casually shook off the patriarch's grip and laughed giddily, as if he were a child who had just received a new toy. "Haha! The speci- your son, I mean, has an extremely compatible body constitution with the thousand poisons potion, the deadliest potion in the entire realm! I should have known! Poison qi classifies under Yin qi, and coincidentally, your son just happens to possess the Divine Yin Constitution! Rejoice, Lord Feng! You will soon have a powerful weapon in your arsenal! Kukuku!!!"